xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Spiderman 3 Have you seen the evil inside?

Being a die-hard spidy fan, I couldn't have waited to get my hands on this one. In my opinion, what separates the movies from their comic counterparts is the emotional aspect, something that only real characters can depict. Spiderman 3 has it all - spectacular action, mind blowing special effects, an emotionally touching storyline and an occasional outburst of comedy. I believe the star of the trilogy was James Franco in his New Goblin role. Not that Tobey wasn't impressive in his evil form, its just that James stole the show with his acting, storyline, action and the cool new glider. The final fight where Harry comes to Peter's aid and the two of them team up was really awesome. From the way the two gelled together, it seemed like they had been fighting together for years. Man they could have kicked the butts of every bad guy out there. But it was disappointing to see him suffer the ill fate that he did. Perhaps if he didn't, the next release would have to be renamed to something like - Spidy & Goby. All in all, this is one movie series that I would love to watch over and over again.My opinion is likely to be biased and may not be appropriate for the neutral because of my sheer fanaticism for the entire Spiderman franchise. What do you people think of the movie?

Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)

I have to agree with you on that, what I found amusing was one member on trap siad it was a bit over dramatic, I thought the movie was awesome out of all three especially the stuff with uncle ben and the sandman which made that story truely complete, of course I don't remember what happen in the comic books, but I do believe that sandman was not involved.

After I saw hte movie I gave a full trilogy review about what I thought of the two movies of course when I reviewed Spider Man 3 I kept it spoiler free B).

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/47580-topic/

I read your reviews back at Xisto and found them to be exhuberating your immense passion for the whole Spiderman series. For the last two days, I spent more than 20 hours watching all 65 episodes of 1994-98 "The Amazing Spiderman" cartoon. Having read only a few of the Spidy comics, I was unaware of a lot of things, especially after the Shriek of the Vulture episode. Frustratingly, none of the further episodes was ever aired in our place.Getting back to the movie, I guess people ask more and more from each of the sequels, sometimes too much which earns the subsequent films poor reviews from critics. Although, Spiderman is much bigger to die out from these negative reviews, they do hamper the possibility of further releases. At times such as these, we the fans need to standby them so that we can see movies as awesome as these, if not more.

A lot, and by a lot I mean everyone I know except me and two buds, have been bashing Spidey 3 as being a disappointment. Now I saw it last night and I agree with you guys, I think it was at least as good as the other two movies if not better. Venom is an amazingly cool villain and in the movie he was awesome, they handled the dark spidey aspect well, the scenes when parker was going bad *bottom* were hilarious when appropriate and very fitting when not, the fight scenes were off the chart... basically I loved it.I'm glad you guys liked it to so I feel less odd about it now haha.Oh, and if they put carnage in the fourth movie I'll wet myself in a good way haha.

I know carnage would be sweet, of course that movie would have be very dark, I mean mary jane (dead), Aunt May (gone), half of new york (blasted away) B). Well one rumor I heard about SM4 is the vampire dude as the villian, turbo will know who I am talking about, But I rather see King Pin, Carnage, Croc,. King Pin especially since his character got butchard by the Daredevil movie, Carnage obviously, With the Croc, Dr. Curt Connors has been in all three movies so it should be interesting if they introduce him.Well I wouldn't say I am a big movie critic, since I don't have that kind of experience to really break down the movie, it's more opinion based then anything else.

Morbius? Is that the vampire guys name? that'd be coolI want to see mysterio show up in a movie, I think they could make a seriously messed up cool version of him with todays technology haha. Him and carnage and kingpin mwhahahaha

I don't think they will bring in Carnage so soon. King Pin with all his mechanized and mutated mercenaries seems to me like the best choice. I am not sure if Spidy can handle the likes of Michael Morbius along with the 500 pounds of the muscular crime boss. One thing that I want to see happening is Peter & Mary Jane getting married. Throughout the 3 movies, they haven't really been able to enjoy their lives together. Then again, Spidy doesn't have much of this luck in the comics either. I certainly hope they deviate from that notion, just as they have in a couple of areas and for once, let then have a moment of a lifetime.

I don't know, I like that he is constantly beat down in his personal life. Being spiderman when you're personal life is going great too doesn't seem like as big of a deal as being spiderman when you're personal life is falling apart around you, or at least on the verge of doing so normally. It adds a nice conflict and makes it seem like a bigger sacrifice to be the hero. But maybe that's just me being old fashioned haha

Before I begin... I apologize if I give anything away in the post... I will TRY not to say anything too incriminating.I just recently (Yesterday) saw Spiderman 3 myself.I thought it was a great movie, kind of.It's been about a year since I saw the second... And alot longer since I saw the first.I liked the first one at the time I first saw it, and the second one, after the frist half hour or so just... Didn't do it for that much.I enjoyed the last one though.Everyone I know who saw it before me said it was agonizingly long and they became bored before it was over. I gotta say, I wasn't bored throughout the viewing of it and I found it to be entertaining.I swear, I spent the first hour trying to mentally figure out where I'd seen the Sandman actor before (It was his voice that gave it away in the end)And I couldn't figure out where I'd seen Brock's actor before until I got home and had to go actually look it up.I also didn't really... Enjoy Sandman's part in the movie.He seemed rather dull as a villain, and I was looking forward to seeing him actually be destroyed, not just glide away on the wind.Why?Because he's made of sand... I never read the comics much, as they were far before my time and I don't remember anything from the cartoons, but to my knowledge, Sandman seems rather hard to kill.He's made of sand and can reform himself to (Apparently) any size and many shapes.Water proved to not be able to kill him, and nothing Spiderman can actually do seems to have the whole "Destroying Sand" power that would be needed... So since I heard Sandman would be in it, I was looking forward to seeing how he would be conquered.I did enjoy seeing Venom though... As he's always been one of my favourite spiderman villains, I'm not sure why... Probably just the fact he looks really friggin' cool, and is pretty hard to hurt.I'd like to see him back in the next movie though... Dr. Conners still has that tiny little sample back in his lab that anything could happen with.And... Even though many people seem to think that involving Carnage in the next movie would be too dark or wouldbe impossible to properly induct into a PG-13-esque movie... I really think that he could be introduced in it.I'm sure that any creative mind could find a way to put him in it... It doesn't really require big gore-filled visual scenes to properly induct Carnage... Anyway, I think that's about all I have to say about this movie.I was really sad to see the second Green Goblin gone again.It was nice to see Harry and Parker side by side, anyway. It's been a long time since Harry hadn't... You know... Wanted Peter to die.I guess that's all I really have to s--- I already said that XD