xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Herbert1405241469

Assassin's Creed

Oh wow, I just saw a trailer for this game coming out either in August or September. It looks pretty sweet. From what I've read, it's sort of a free-roam style gameplay, with objectives for targets you've gotta whack, and you can do it whenever you feel the time seems appropriate, unlike the Hitman Series, where they plop you down in a level, and you can't leave until the objectives are completed.
This one takes place in a Crusader-era town, and is visually stunning. I hope the PC version isn't as incompatible with hardware like these past couple of games I bought were... Seems like the quality of compatibility is going down the tubes for us PC gamers.... I don't feel like spending another $500 on a graphics card, when the one I have ought to be good enough to at least play games for another year or so... Bleh, that's another rant entirely :ph34r:

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/home/

The previews for this game DO look amazing, unfortunately my computer is getting up there in the age and my roommate just moved out with his 360 close behind him :ph34r: Hopefully I'll figure something out soon though, this and other 360 games coming out are just going to be insane.But yes, the game looks amazing, hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

I just bought myself a new computer (well, still waiting for the parts to arrive in the mail for me to build it)... So hopefully I'll be able to get on some of these sweet games. The problem with games, though, as I've been seeing with Bioshock and every game made since 1999, is that they are mostly crapful of bugs when they are sold, and patches are being released before the games even hit shelves.... Arrg. I hope they pull that crap for this game... Supposedly it's made by the same people that did the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, which wasn't bad from what I can remember. It's been in development for about 4 years now...Just read this on their forum, should be out in November..... Hopefully :blink:

I saw a trailer for Assassin's Creed a while back, and what scares me is the actual gameplay graphics. For example, the trailer in the link above looks to me like a cutscene, but in the trailer I saw you actually watched combat as it appears in-game. Ok, so the graphics settings were probably turned to full and they chose the best bits to show, but for a while I must admit that I had to wonder whether it was really a cutscene or if the graphics were just that damn good.I'll see if I can rummage the link up and post it here.

Assassin's creed is going to be a great hit on all platforms (pc,xbox360,ps3) it deffo shows off the new gen gaming interative crowds of people and objects as seen in the demo trailer most buildings and objects are interative and the fight's are very relalistic not like most games where you have a bar of life and you can take multiple hits and still be standing. just watch the trialer and see for you're self :blink:

Well realistic yes, although in essence it's still the same - you have a bar and if bar is empty you die. In this case you dodge lethal attacks while bar is still up. A neat addition.Haven't seen much of it lately, although combat was worrying. It looked repetitive, with bashing on only one mob at a time. Some vids showed some strange group gameplay where the Assassin was trapped between animation spikes from the different attacks.Besides that, searching for your target and running away from the cops looked great.

Ironically, whenever people I know talk about Assassin's Creed one of the very first comments that come up is, without fail, a variation on "it's so repetitive". Sure, I'm hardly a number one source of gossip or reviews, but the fact that I hear it so often does at least imply that there's a fair element of truth in it.

I own the game myself and I must say that this game is one of the best developed. And those that say its repetitive they are right, but what action games do you know that dont get repetitive. Fighting games get repetitive, Ninja Gaiden gets repetitive, yes this game is repetitive but it comes with a good initiation for a story for a trilogy. This games opens the doors for what is to become of it in the coming years. I have beaten the game and still playing it because the enviroment and freedom just compels me where I thirst for it. The combat system I believe is perfect because it makes fights very interesting. I have yet to see all the cool kills and reversals that come with the game. More so, I have yet to explore the rest of the enviroment that is available to me in the game. I still have much to do like kill all the templars in the game that are mysteriously hiding from me. The plot of the story intrigues me to a point where I can see that the trilogy would actually be something good to come. Of the whole game, I believe the ending was the most abrupt ending I have seen, its not something that I would have expect from a game that was so fine tuned in broughten together. But hopefully in their sequels there we be alot better ties to the game then just the abrupt ending that they have giving the fans.