xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HellFire121

Flawed Service Pack Much? Microsoft office 2003

God i hate microsoft, two days ago they released the service pack for microsoft office 2003. Which was about a 90mb download. For a start i just LOVE the way they give priority to their updates (not), i was wondering why i was getting this wierd lag in my games. Won't it be nice if they can do something like steam that slows down the update if you are using the net.Anyways thats just one complaint....Next day i see the little windows update box and it's downloading an update, not one but 12 updates.. All relating to the service pack. Security update, security update. Can't they do it right the first time? I mean yeah sure its good that they can update and fix bugs quickly but it could've been avoided-HellFire

When it comes to Microsoft, don't be surprised to see this many updates from them. There will always be flaws found in their programs and Operating System if one digs deep enough. Just as a side note, most other programs or even other Operating Systems (like the Mac and Linux, I'm sure) have their own flaws in the coding. It's just that no one spends too much time on them since they are not as commonly used as Windows (95% of the world uses it the last time I checked...maybe more now :)).What I recommend doing is waiting a week or even two weeks or so before getting those updates. If I get any of Microsoft's updates, I usually wait a while and see if there are any complaints from other users when they downloaded and installed them. I'm sure some will show up and Microsoft eventually does something about it and releases, you guessed it, another update/patch to fix up the first one :ph34r: