xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
threesix

What Folder Do I Upload Vbulletin To?

I presume you are confused by the folders you see in your Xisto account, namely - .cpanel-datastore, .fantasticodata, .htpasswds, .trash, _notes, downloads, etc, mail, public_ftp, public_html, tmp, www :ph34r:

Well, any folder under public_html will be accessed as yoursubdomain.astahost.com/foldername/ or yoursubdomain.yourdomain.com/foldername/

You can also use the shortcut folder www which basically points to the public_html folder.

Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)

Just upload all the whole vBulletin package to the directory you want your forum to be in. For example, if you want your forum to be at yoursite.com/vB/,

you create a folder called vB and upload all the files into it. If you want to create a forum only site where your forum will be

yourforum.com/, just put all the files in the main public_html file.

Yes, inorder to use forum.urban-threads.info/forum, I believe you need to create subdomain first. While, by default urban-threads.info/forum would be the one you'll be working with.

By the way, make sure to replace the default index.html file under www or public_html. If you want your forum to be accessed as http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ then just upload VB to the www folder and not under www/forums.

I don't have much idea about that but from what I have seen:-

Account Creation is instant and if you are using a Sub domain, Your "free web hosting" account will be active immediately.

It seems to me like you will have to wait for a while. You might consider building some decent amount of credits before the excellent service is fully at your disposal. :ph34r:

Did you point the Xisto DNS nameservers to your domain at that .info one you asked for? I assume you have that site up and running now right? You need to go to the registrar where you got this site and change it so it's pointing to Asta instead of your previous web host.

Get the DNS information from:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/82622-topic/?findpost=1064294415

You should have already read that topic already since you were approved and that link was provided to you to follow on.

Your site will be at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/