xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PHPtech

Looking For Good Ad Service!

Can someone help me find an ad service, I am looking for an easy one, pay per click is ok, but I want to find one where you get paid for page views, or one that you get paid for the sixe or activity of a forums or communities in some way, are there any?

Hi there. There are several types of advertising company out there, depends what ad do you wish to see in your website. If you have a decent amount of visitors, you can try fastclick.com. It is a good alternative to google's adsense but it requires the website to have a minimum of 3,000 impressions per month. I think it also has ads for per thousand impressions. Hope this helps :)

The best click per pay advertisement around is google adsense at google dot com slash adsense. Other websites need much visitors in a month and with the kind of url and site you are having I don't think you will be eligible for it. Another option is adhearus dot com - this is also pay per <- snipped -> The good thing about google adsense and adhearus is that they are not very strict in accepting applications - they don't look at how much visitors and stuffs. So I highly recommend you to go for either of these two. All the best.}}}}}

Hello PHPtech,I think what you are looking for is a company that will put ads on your site and pay you per each corresponding page view. Am I right?If this is it, then here is my answer.There are a lot of ad networks that you can apply to that provide these ads and pay you for it. The system is usually structured around CPM (cost per thousand) - meaning you will be paid a certain amount per each 1000 times their ad is shown on your website. The amount, or CPM rate, varies wildly. Depends on what your website theme is, the amount of your traffic, where your visitors come from, and even your visitor demographics (sex, age, credit card holder or not, etc.). In my case, I have a site devoted to mostly to non-US based visitors and the best rate that I have found for it was $0.15 per CPM (hardly encouraging). If your traffic is mostly, young men based in the US, I guess you can do better than me. Some of my webmaster acquaintances are reporting CPM rates as high as $2-3. You just need a good website, plenty of traffic, and a good paying theme (like loans for example), to play it big.Some ad networks are very picky. 3k pageviews monthly is the minimum I guess. And they won't let you put the banners on just any page. Some will only put the banners on the main entry page. And also, read the fine print. CPM may mean either raw impressions or unique impressions depending on the ad network. Makes a heck of a difference in pageview count.Try these ad networks for starters:1. clickxchange.com2. fastclick.com3. tribalfusion.comHope this info helps.

CPM for small sites is useless. You will not be able to make enough money to get a payout. The current rates for CPM ads are as little as 0.15 (mentioned in an earlier post). With traffic of only 3000 a month, you are looking at 0.45 a month. Even with a payout of $20 (this is low, most payout at $25 or $50), it will take over 3 years just to make $20. Definately not worth it.The best CPM ads are pop unders, basically the annoying ads. These will pay like $2-$3 but they usually only allow you to show 1 or 2 per visitor. This means you need at least 1500 uniques a month to get the same 3000 views. This does not inlcude people who block pop ups or have javascript disabled. So, even with this $2-$3 CPM, you will only make $6-$9 a month taking about 3-4 months to get a payout.If you have that many visitors (1500 a month), PPC (Adsense) is the way to go. Typical CTR for adsense is probably around 3%. 3000 views and 3% CTR means 90 clicks. At an average of about 0.15 per click you are making $13.50 a month. Beats CPM anyday. Some people report average earnings per click above $1. So it depends on your website subject. If you got EPC of $1, your 90 clicks suddenly becomes $90.You can also think about using both CPM and PPC advertising. But, for small sites, CPM just isn't worth the hassle. And with less ads, your visitors will be more happy anyway.

CPM for small sites is useless. You will not be able to make enough money to get a payout.  The current rates for CPM ads are as little as 0.15 (mentioned in an earlier post).  With traffic of only 3000 a month, you are looking at 0.45 a month.  Even with a payout of $20 (this is low, most payout at $25 or $50), it will take over 3 years just to make $20.  Definately not worth it.

The best CPM ads are pop unders, basically the annoying ads.  These will pay like $2-$3 but they usually only allow you to show 1 or 2 per visitor.  This means you need at least 1500 uniques a month to get the same 3000 views.  This does not inlcude people who block pop ups or have javascript disabled.  So, even with this $2-$3 CPM, you will only make $6-$9 a month taking about 3-4 months to get a payout.

If you have that many visitors (1500 a month), PPC (Adsense) is the way to go.  Typical CTR for adsense is probably around 3%.  3000 views and 3% CTR means 90 clicks.  At an average of about 0.15 per click you are making $13.50 a month.  Beats CPM anyday.  Some people report average earnings per click above $1.  So it depends on your website subject.  If you got EPC of $1, your 90 clicks suddenly becomes $90.

You can also think about using both CPM and PPC advertising.  But, for small sites, CPM just isn't worth the hassle.  And with less ads, your visitors will be more happy anyway.

68056[/snapback]

Thanks no9t9, that really helped! :)