xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

Is There Something Else Than Our Material World? some sort of energy, pure good, god??

If you look around yourself and things that happen you realize, that everything is in an unusual order (after fall comes winter, after day comes night,...). Is the source of this order purely and eniterly material or is there something else that puts things in order?

I personaly think that there is something more than just our material world and the world of feelings (i mean the 5 major organs of sense and our emotions). I think that there is some sort of PURE GOOD outthere (that could also be called God or something else-it doesn't matter) and this pure good is the reason for all thins to work. It is also the reason for us to feel bad when we do something wrong or when we kill someone...

So this good is what we should all seek and the reason why doing something bad is not o.k. (our bad feelings of guilt are a nice PROOF!)

and what do you think?

Well, so to speak, all theses events are in our current state, all scientifically explained. Light comes from the sun, the earth rotates on an axis. And feeling bad is really just the guilt (like stealing a cookie from someone), which is built all up in your brain, and once and has scientific explainations. I'm kinda of the guy that belives more in science than anything esle. so that's my view point on that.

I think that people look at Christianity in a wrong way. See, ppl think that it's somthing that you have to do some ritaulistic idea's. But this is somthing different, it a personal relationship with the creator. NO joke. For all of you who are confuzed about life, this is a solution. OK, I have a question. What if what I believe is true? because if it's true, everyone that hasn't taken this free gift, isn't looking so good. Because what I believe I know is true. God is running to you with his hands wide open. Becaue I know that anything that happens, I can get through with HIS help. :)

Well said, Nickmealey. :) I think the natural order of things is chaos. What I mean to say is that humans on their own create that chaos. I believe in a higher 'establishment of order' I guess I could call it, which is God. I could be heading toward an eternity of chaos and complete despair if not for my relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I tell you what, if at times I let the world get to me and let panic seep in, which sometimes I admit I do stumble and this does happen, it's not because He has abandoned me. It's because I've glanced away from the light to my own feet as I'm tripping over rocks, if you follow my imagery.Guilt is an interesting installation into the human condition. It is important because it helps in the understanding and reception of Grace (by which I mean God's forgiveness for our sinning even though we don't deserve it). On the other hand it can be quite a hinderance for believers sometimes because we can get bogged down with, "yes I may be saved but I keep screwing up so I sooo don't deserve it." I think the important part is just to keep seeking and trying to grow and asking God where I need to be in my walk with him.

what do you think?

Well since you kindly ask the question (and notice what I put in bold there), then I guess it's okay for me to speak my mind about this. I think there really his some sort of higher being/beings out there, whether metaphysically or physically, that's "controlling" everything. All the good things and bad things that happen are both part of the game/plot/order, or whatever you want to call it. This being creates, sets up everything, and allows us to freely roam about and sees what we're doing, and will only take action if deemed necessary. Think of The Sims, or SimCity... Essentially, we're like God (or the Gods, if you're polytheistic) in those games. It's kind of late where I live and I'm tired, so hopefully what I just said makes sense, lol.

I believe there's a God... our world is designed... and in order for something to be designed, there has to be a designer. And that designer is God. We're studying creation vs evolution in church, and it's kinda complicated... but yes, there is a God =]

B) Such a deep subject like this would require more words than this, but i'll try to make it simple :) I believe in God. Several reasons point me to this conclusion, in the past (and present) several filosophers have discussed this, even one of the most rational minds, Descartes, have come to the conclusion of God's existence, but to me, the important fact is the faith i carry in my inner self, sorry but i don't believe that's a mere product of social and educational enviroment, it's something more... I don't think that God interferes with Science, i believe that all knowledge will came to God. It's however a tricky matter, no one can expect that science can take conclusions out of supernatural events, it's impossivel by the definition of Scientific Method. The Scientific Method implies repetition of certain constraints to produce a certain result, that's the nature law, if it can be proved than it's only because it's natural and there for a repeatable (under special conditions) fenomenon, but the supernatural isn't a repeatable fenomenon and it can't be proved by this :) I have a pantheistic (? - it means that u believe that God is EVERYTHING outside and inside of you) point of view on this. Well God is boundless by definition, God is the absolute, it doesn't starts and can't finish, so you're part of it as everything else, you can even talk to B) Why all this ? Why us ? God exists. God is everything. God knows that He(She B) ) is God. The only thing that is missing is: God experience HimselfThat's what, in my own personal point of view, we are doind here, we are God experiencing Himself, but without interference in a fate kind of way, otherwise we wouldn't be free, in order for me, you, mankind, to be free we must have the power of choice, and we do :D I also believe in Karma, do the right thing without nothing in return, sooner or later, you will be rewarded ;)

Well, so to speak, all theses events are in our current state, all scientifically explained. Light comes from the sun, the earth rotates on an axis. And feeling bad is really just the guilt (like stealing a cookie from someone), which is built all up in your brain, and once and has scientific explainations. I'm kinda of the guy that belives more in science than anything esle. so that's my view point on that.

64850[/snapback]

"Whyme" I'm just wondering, if you never ask yourself if there is anything more than our material world? How do you explain miracles which even scientists cannot explain or the fact, that even scientist cannot deny the existence of the soul...??

Touchy subject. Almost everyone has a very strong opinion on this. Athiests say is no god I know I am right, Monothiests say there is one true god and my god is that god I know I am right, polythiests say there are many gods I know I am right, Panthiests say that the Universe IS god I know I am right. Agnostics are the fence sitters of religeon. They say the existance of (a) god(s) is unknown, or more to the point it is unknowable.I am an agnostic with a leaning towards Panthiesm, or more accurataly Panentheism. Panentheism is the belief that God is a part of everything, or to put it another way everything in the universe is a part of god. The primary difference between Pantheism and Panentheism is that Pantheism believes that the universe is GOD where as Panentheism belives that the universe is a PART of god. Panentheism allows for god to have a will and morality of its own beyond that of the universe. I say I am an agnostic because I acknoledge that there is no way for me to know if this is true or false. I believe that humanity is not ment to know absolute truth, that the existance of god is ment to remain a mystery and we can never know for certain.I do not believe in heven and hell per se, but I do believe that something happens upon our death, I am not quite willing to believe that life just ends, I think there is some sort of after life, but I am alot more willing to believe in multiple lives than I am in a heaven/hell set up.

Ok, I agree with you, light come from the sun, but where does the sun come from?
You can explain a lot of things, I am engeener so I first beleave in scientific explonations but sometimes you don't find an answer. When was the beginning? If it was at a certain moment what was before, and where comes the first atom from ? can you explain this ?

so you think everything revolves around chaos? people create chaos, yes, so how is that the natural order or actually how is that the only part of natural order. i do believe that chaos is a part of us, or better wording is imperfection that create chaos based on a comparrison of what we all think "perfect is"

i say imperfect because everyone is different. nobody is the same. thus, we must all be imperfect compared to any one definition of what perfect is. has anyone ever been born perfect? it depends how one percieves perfection. in my opinion no. we are not. when we are on this world, we continue to learn and grow, thus, become stronger and more perfect which means less chaos in our lives and less imperfections

we aren't born "perfect" and with a little choas in are lives because we are meant to experience not just the good, but the negative. we are supposed to continue to perserve the good and learn and grow and release the negative for something more positive

science is good for technology, but it has never proven itself to ever answer that one question people always ask. "how did we get here and what s the meaning of life". science has always failed in this area. why? because science will never be able to define that question. only nature, a higher power, and your own self realization about who YOU truely are

yea, there is more out there than we can possibly imagine. i believe that. some of it science will pick up in the future. some we have to find out for our own selves when we start beoming more in tune with our own selves. there are mysteries out there folk. unexplained mysteries. don't ever limit yourself in trying to find the answers. what i mean by that is don't limit yourself in thinking that science can explain all. that's only one direction to some answers. believe me. there are more directions than that for other answers.

Well said, Nickmealey. :) I think the natural order of things is chaos. What I mean to say is that humans on their own create that chaos. I believe in a higher 'establishment of order' I guess I could call it, which is God. I could be heading toward an eternity of chaos and complete despair if not for my relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I tell you what, if at times I let the world get to me and let panic seep in, which sometimes I admit I do stumble and this does happen, it's not because He has abandoned me. It's because I've glanced away from the light to my own feet as I'm tripping over rocks, if you follow my imagery.
Guilt is an interesting installation into the human condition. It is important because it helps in the understanding and reception of Grace (by which I mean God's forgiveness for our sinning even though we don't deserve it). On the other hand it can be quite a hinderance for believers sometimes because we can get bogged down with, "yes I may be saved but I keep screwing up so I sooo don't deserve it." I think the important part is just to keep seeking and trying to grow and asking God where I need to be in my walk with him.