xisto Community
WeaponX

Old "graphing" Program (logo?)

I remember back in the early 1990's that there was a program used for creating images based on graphing points (x, y axis I assume). I have searched high and low for this old program and was told it was called LOGO. I tried looking for it and found many varieties of it and none of them seem to be the one I recognized and used back then. I think the coding is similar to something like:

30 circle (10,20)

or something like that. I might have some old scrap paper of it in my closet. I will try to dig some up if I can find them.

Does anyone remember using this program before and is there a version that will work in Windows?

Thanks.

I remember back in the early 1990's that there was a program used for creating images based on graphing points (x, y axis I assume). I have searched high and low for this old program and was told it was called LOGO. I tried looking for it and found many varieties of it and none of them seem to be the one I recognized and used back then. I think the coding is similar to something like:

30 circle (10,20)

or something like that. I might have some old scrap paper of it in my closet. I will try to dig some up if I can find them.

Does anyone remember using this program before and is there a version that will work in Windows?

Thanks.

Maybe it is not LOGO, it looks more as GW BASIC and alikes, why i think this??? well, because i assume that in your post the 30 is the line number and circle(10,20) is a function that draws exactly that CIRCLES. Tell me something, do you remember that you can also draw lines, squares, etc using something like this:

10 CLS15 'draw a circle20 circle (10,20)25 'draw a line30 LINE(50,10)-(50,100)35 'draw a square40 LINE(100,30)-(120,100)50 END
Best regards,

I was thinking the same thing as TavoxPeru. That command looks very similar to BASIC syntax.If you want to run Basic programs in windows, you might be able to do it with a DOS emulator like DosBox.Unless you have a really old version of Windows that is still based on DOS, I don't think that it will run natively.

Edited by foolakadugie (see edit history)

I need to find one of my old graphs with the plot points and code, but I'm pretty sure it's very similar to what you have there (yes, with squares, lines, etc. ;)).

I assume any version of GW Basic will do right? I found one at:

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

I'll test out the program with the code when I find that graph paper.

Thanks.

hi WeaponX,

In fact this is a veeeery old language :P like me... <_<

I used it on school a long time ago on Apple ][ computers.

I found this Logo in the wikipedia, maybe it can be useful to you.

Rgds
tuba3d