xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vitorious1405241541

Drupal 5 Upgrade Anyone? Having trouble updating.

Wondering if anyone has tried to update to drupal 5? I have gone through their instructions on updating the install I did off the cPanel (from 4.7).

I had to set the settings.php writable but now I get a crazy error:

ray( 'content' => $content, 'region' => $region, 'title' => $title )); } /** * Default callback for PHPTemplate. * * Load a template file, and pass the variable array to it. * If the suggested file is not found, PHPTemplate will attempt to use * a $hook.tpl.php file in the template directory, and failing that a * $hook.tpl.php in the PHPTemplate directory. * * @param $hook * The name of the theme function being executed. * @param $variables * A sequential array of variables passed to the theme function. * @param $suggestions * An array of suggested template files to use. */ function _phptemplate_default($hook, $variables, $suggestions = array(), $extension = '.tpl.php') { global $theme_engine; // Loop through any suggestions in FIFO order. $suggestions = array_reverse($suggestions); foreach ($suggestions as $suggestion) { if (!empty($suggestion) && file_exists(path_to_theme() .'/'. $suggestion . $extension)) { $file = path_to_theme() .'/'. $suggestion . $extension; break; } } if (!isset($file)) { if (file_exists(path_to_theme() ."/$hook$extension")) { $file = path_to_theme() ."/$hook$extension"; } else { if (in_array($hook, array('node', 'block', 'box', 'comment'))) { $file = path_to_engine() .'/'. $hook . $extension; } else { $variables['hook'] = $hook; watchdog('error', t('%engine.engine was instructed to override the %name theme function, but no valid template file was found.', array('%engine' => $theme_engine, '%name' => $hook))); $file = path_to_engine() .'/default'. $extension; } } } if (isset($file)) { return call_user_func('_'. $theme_engine .'_render', $file, $variables); } } function _phptemplate_render($file, $variables) { extract($variables, EXTR_SKIP); // Extract the variables to a local namespace ob_start(); // Start output buffering include "./$file"; // Include the file $contents = ob_get_contents(); // Get the contents of the buffer ob_end_clean(); // End buffering and discard return $contents; // Return the contents } ?>Fatal error: Call to undefined function module_exist() in /home/vitoriou/public_html/cms/modules/node.module on line 834

Any help is appreciated.
-Jordan

Well I just did a fresh install instead of an upgrade. I wasnt far on the page so I didnt mind what I lost. You can check out the site as I work on it at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ I really like the flexibility of drupal and after the fantastico version which had a bug that locked me out of my site 5.1 is a nice change. Im using the default theme right now before I start modification. The modules are going in quite nicely.Overall a very nice version. I would highly recommend this CMS if you have time to work it out.

Drupal 5 is the best version released yet,its easy to install and is really good as far as flecibility is concerned,even the security features of drupal 5 are good,but unfortunately i cant upgrade one of my drupal site to drupal 5 because there are many modules yet which are not updated to drupal 5 and as they will take time,i would have to postpone my upgradation and themain thing about drupal 5 is that it is easy to theme and there is a good level of flexibility in the hook codes