xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eubanksd

Where Do You Work? Or where do you WANT to work?

mmMmmMMmm I haven't been to Jason's Deli in years. I don't know if they are even out here in CA. I freelance at home doing graphic design,motion graphics, web design, etc. I enjoy it, but sometimes I wish I could work around other people and it isn't easy handling all the accounting etc that goes along with running your own business. I think I might go for a job at a design firm or something soon. In the past I worked at Mattel, Inc and also another small toy company called Sport Fun doing design work.

foolakadoogie: Nope, no Jason's Deli locations in California. I ate a California Club sandwich when I got off work tonight though ;) I'm curious as to what all you do in your line of work? I'm trying to learn some web application programming at the moment, such as Servlets, JSP, PHP & MySQL -- you do any of that stuff? Sounds like you're more of a photoshop pro than a coder, but you said web design, which web applications are a large part of I imagine. Did you go to school for what you're doing? I'm planning to go to school for comp.sci./programming, hopefully soon.Anyway, time for Stewart & Colbert, gotta go!

foolakadoogie: Nope, no Jason's Deli locations in California. I ate a California Club sandwich when I got off work tonight though ;) I'm curious as to what all you do in your line of work? I'm trying to learn some web application programming at the moment, such as Servlets, JSP, PHP & MySQL -- you do any of that stuff? Sounds like you're more of a photoshop pro than a coder, but you said web design, which web applications are a large part of I imagine. Did you go to school for what you're doing? I'm planning to go to school for comp.sci./programming, hopefully soon.
Anyway, time for Stewart & Colbert, gotta go!

I do a wide range of design work in digital, print and web including websites, stationary (envelopes, letterhead, business cards), some motion graphics, logos/branding, brochures, posters, advertisements, packaging, signage, etc. I work alot in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, AfterEffects, Dreamweaver, Corel Painter, etc.

I don't do much actual web programming. I can code websites, but I mainly stick to xhtml, css, javascript and a small amount of php. Normally a programmer will do the web applications. I do quite a bit of work for some design firms and they have their own freelance programmers to do that, who would get the job done much faster than I could (more cost effective). I would like to work on learning some more about web programming. I just need to set aside some time and read through w3schools or something.

I went to art/design school (Otis College of Art & Design) where I received a 4 year BFA degree.

Since I'm still in high school, I don't have a real job, but I regularly do some freelancing. It usually includes web design (XHTML/CSS) a scripting (PHP/MySQL). It's a really good mean of earning money since I am not obliged to do it, yet I enjoy it. If you need something done, contact me.

However, being still in school doesn't stop prevent me from dreaming, does it? ;) After finishing high school, I'd like to go to a university in UK/USA (MIT *drool*) and after completing that, get a job in a programming company (e.g. Google ;)).

I teach ballet at a local dance studio. I'm only 19, but I think I've come to realize this is not exactly what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. I think I'd much rather be something like.....a horror film makeup artist, where I could have the chance to create absolutely grotesque and awesome masks and costumes for films. That would just be...incredible. If not that, then I think it'd be cool to be an archeologist, or maybe something to do with graphic arts. Right now though, ballet is what I have to stick to. It's what I know, and it's the easiest job for me to maintain while I'm attending college. Ohhhh well. It's not too bad though. : )