xisto Community
patronus4000

Windows Vista Versions

Microsoft released the famous Windows Vista with plenty of eye candy for users. I thought about getting Vista in the future - after all, I would be getting Vista with any new PC I buy, since they're all coming equipped with Vista already - but the revelation that there were six versions of Vista stopped me in my tracks. These versions would be:

Windows Vista Starter

Windows Vista Home Basic

Windows Vista Home Premium

Windows Vista Business

Windows Vista Enterprise

Windows Vista Ultimate

Surely they didn't have to divide Vista into so many versions? (Oh, there's also the two European "N" editions; if you count those, you have eight versions of Vista! Wheee.) Windows Vista Starter only allows you to run three applications at a time and does not have many features that a computer should have. It's targeted to "emerging markets who can only afford a low cost PC." All the other editions grow from there, the Ultimate version being the one that has the features of all the other versions plus special features like the Game Performance Tweaker. As for the "N" editions:

I find the need for all these versions pointless. Imagine buying a computer! It'll take quite a while to figure which version you want and would make purchasing a computer daunting for beginners. ...Is Windows trying to catch up to the five or so years of not making any new operating systems by creating six (or eight) releases of their newest OS? You can read more about Vista here, which includes screenshots of most of the Vista versions.

So. Tell me what you think about MS creating six versions of Vista.

Serena

K, i've made descriptions of the editions by reviews/screenshots.

1. Home Basic, i would recommend this for a 2.0GHz or lower processor or you don't need the extra features.

2. Home Premium, not bad i would say, if you want a bit more bling without the hassle of BitLocker, this is the one for you.

3. Ultimate, the best buts some downs, take lots of resources (CPU/RAM/VGA), if you want the lot, get this but i must warn you, the price is exterme

the other's, i don't know much bout them. hope this helped you.

xxxx-jozh-xxxx