xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forsaken

Command & Conquer Favs CC Series, Which is your favorite and why?

Which Game In The Series Was Your Favorite?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, Super weapon generals has more powerfull auroras then any other USA army in my opinion and I bealive u meant on them too when u said AIR general. They are not really that overpowered, yes, they are great unit with huuuuge splash damage, but it also depends which map u actually are playing. If u are playing big map with little places where army can come to u, super weapon has good advantage, but if map is smaller, u will have no chances in short games versus some GLA army, especially GLA stealth. Just pick first worker and send him to oponnent's base, but try to do it on that way so ur oponnent doesn't see u. Build network tunel somewhere near his base and when u get some quad cannons, take them out in his base and first destroy his airfield and supply chinoks... after that, he will have no chance to get back to game. Also, if u stealth ur supply center ( GLA stealth ), workers which came out from it are also invisible, so u can go to his base when he doesn't have good defense. If map is bigger or u can not enter his base, then make a bike and put ur worker on it and take it to his base. Bikes can go over mountains... There are numerous tactics with GLA stealth... They are the best race if player is good...

200905[/snapback]

I'm with rok, it is very sad that you think Generals has balance, or that you think it's a good game. Act of War owns it in every way.

I highly recommend Act of War: Direct Action for anyone posting on this topic.

Hahah, guys... it is really funny to listen u :P I never said it is balanced, I only said that and kind of USA is NOT overpowered... I wanna tell u something else... try to play against man and u will see it is not same game anymore... don't waste ur time playing against computer... I had like 1.000 matches in LAN games... so don't teach me how to play C&C Generals... Ofc, it will looks overpowered in ur eyes when u are playing against computer where it is enough to make dozen airfields, lots of defense and stay in base and attack only from air and with specials... If u really played multiplayer and u still bealive that USA is overpowered on small maps ( up to 4 spots on map ), then u played against big noobs...

I think I mentioned the 600/0 record I had for Generals Online (which is more competitive than LAN)? I barely played single-player. Terran's right, if you can't win with the SW General every time you play computers or humans (unless you are against another SW General), you stink. All you have to be able to do is stay alive from rushes and initial attacks (which isn't hard), and then just build some defense, then start cranking out Supply Drop Zones and Alpha Auroras (or just plain Auroras for regular US, the tactics are generally the same, except with SW General you will get a Particle Cannon sooner b/c it's 1/2 the price). It's really that simple. You can beat anybody on Generals Online if you can do that.PS: Really, please do go out and buy Act of War...

I must admit that I never played C&C Generals online... only on LAN... and players against I played are best players in Serbia ( There's no that many players of this game here since it sux ) ... I am 100% sure, at least 5 of them would own most of players on internet... One of them ( the best one ) gone to Brasil year ago... we were talking over phone... He found some netcafe there... He played vs 3 of them there and pwn them :PAnyway, I see u are suggesting me to buy Act of War... I wanna clear something... I never said C&C Generals is balanced and I never will... I don't even like that game anymore... When we are talking about strategies... now I am playing only Frozne Throne... Fantastic game... Why would I even bother trying to learn to play some game when TFT is deffinetlly best strategy ever... It is pretty balanced... maybe elf is a little better then other races... and the most imortant thing... u can micro in this game, what's impossible in C&C where units are very slow and they are getting command too slow too... Anyway, I am still by my opinion... I know some players versus u wouldn't be able to defend from their GLA rush... Dunno about rules on internet... but we played with limited super weapon on 1 and starting cash on 10.000... with that money, on some maps, u can't build taht much defense, while GLA without electric power can make mass quads and soldiers with bazookas which are made in tunnel networks... if u make 5 tunnel networks u will have 10 soldiers with bazookas... which will easily kill patriot missile and then u go with quads who's kiling all infantry and flying units... U will not be able to build aurora before this on small maps...And pls, spear me of that comments like "u are noob" etc. Let's talk normal...

OK, b/c you said TFT is a good game I retract the noob comment, lol. You really do need to learn how to use the SW General if you're going to continue to play Generals (I stopped about 8 months ago though). I should also ammend the statement to: "if you can't stand up against basic rushes as the SW General, and even if you do, if you cannot then use the combination of Auroras and Particle Cannons to win, you are a noob."You sound like a person who would be able to do that, so I'll retract the statement. I actually learned how to counter those advanced rushes by using them myself. The Technical rush is pretty easily countered if you can get 2-3 EMP Patriots up. To counter the RPG rush, make sure to have a few Rangers handy, and maybe a Humvee, but keep the Rangers handy first, and if you think it's going to be a full-out infantry rush, make a War Factory, some Humvees, and put Rangers with Flashbangs in the Humvees. For the Demo Bike rush, it's tough to defend against, but make 2 EMP Patriots instead of 1 in each spot you'd normally place them. Also make some Missile Defenders and put them near the Patriots. That pretty much covers your main advanced GLA rushes; there are a few more, but there's no need to go into them.I highly suggest Act of War: Direct Action even if you just bought Generals, regardless of whether you liked it or not (the thinking behind that being that if you bought Generals, you are interested in that kind of game). Make sure to check the Act of War requirements and your PC's capabilities b/c AoW is rather new and utilizes all the advanced technologies currently available (the AoW graphics are better than AoE3 ones; my personal opinion of AoE3 is that it sucks, and I'm glad I only played the demo and didn't buy the game).I should mention that I got my 760/0 Generals record b/c I played a lot of unranked games on Generals Online before I started entering the ranked ones (so I got well-accustomed to stuff before I played anything that counted).WCIII: TFT is quite good, but I like it more for the mod maps than the actual gameplay. In terms of the actual game itself, I like Dawn of War and Act of War better. My favorite two mod maps are Balance Wars and WinterMaul: Remade. They are both easily the best in both their respective categories.

I can't bealive I didn't say it before... or maybe I did, but u don't wanna read... I played C&C Generals before... not now... I stopped playing it maybe something like u 8 months to 1 year... I said, I don't like that game and i will not buy Act of War... I played Down of War few times... and I din't like it that much... In my opinion... w3 is better... when we are talking about mods for W3, they are kinda for less skilled ppl who can't win anyone in normal game :P No offence here, really :P I play sometime mod maps for w3... when I get borred from playing clasic w3 game. Some modes which are kinda interesting... Before, I used to play D-Day, after that I started to play DotA and also, sometimes I like to play some Tower Defense... like WinterMaul as u said... I kinda got borred of playing clasic w3 month ago, maybe i will start playing it again soon... Now, I am concentrated to Counter-Strike and my CS clan and competing in some kind of league in my country ...Anyway, let's stop discussion about C&C Generals, since i stopped playing it and since I am not able to play over internet that game against u... so I am unable to proove my theory to u and u are also unable to proove ur theory to me... I didn't play it for a looong looong time, so maybe there are some ballance fixes... also, I don't have any replay to send u, cuz I didn't play it for a while, but u could send it to me as well, when u defended ur base against some GLA rush... I wanna see against how skilled player u played who can't do it on a small map and how skilled u are when u are able to defend ur base against skilled GLA player...So, I don't wanna talk about this, untill I see some of ur reps... Thx

If you play a good enough mod map, like Balance Wars or WM: RM; they're even more challenging than the regular game. Anyways, I deleted all my replays a WHILE ago, about 10 months ago when I uninstalled Generals. I suggested Act of War: Direct Action b/c it seems like it might fit more of what you're looking for (AoW is kinda between WCIII and DoW in terms of gameplay; AoW combines many "traditional" elements, but also adds things like PoWs). If you go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ they have I think both a Single-player demo and a Multi-player demo. You might consider trying it out, but then again, you might not. Doesn't matter to me.

Heh, I was at that site... Seems nice, but still... I can't downlaod demo... Unhappy 56k user... I would try it if I could...Btw, I didn't notice from where are u, but if u are still playing w3, on which realm u are playing and what's ur account on it ? Maybe we could meet on some realm , since u are interesting person for game discussing :P I'm from Serbia, btw. I usually play on North and my profile is "wog.sakal" on it... I don't play on other realms, but I will make account there if u are playing on some other :P Gl, Hf :D

I' m from the US, and usually play on the Azeroth (USEast) server, but I've got accounts on all except Kalimdor so it's no big deal to hop between them. My account is the same one I use for here (TerranUp16).

Actually, I'm not sure that AoW's online even supports 56k.

202688[/snapback]

Ah, I didn't even think to try playing some game ( execpt some flash games and internet hearts :P ) on internet with 56k :) I just meant that it is too long for me to wait so long download completes... When I am playing on internet, I am doing it from netcafe ( where's connection much better... as much as Telecom Serbia allows it... ). Games which we are able to play from our netcafes are Warcraft ( TFT ), WoW, Guild Wars, CS 1.6 and Source and some other less known games...

I will add u to friend list on W3, on Azeroth, if I see u sometime online, I will whipser u :)

My favourite game is Generals I am still playing it sometimes because it is so great and nice looking and works fine. Also there are many missions and maps which you can use and play on them. And the technique of the playing is nice as you don't have to build up massive armies to finish and win the game you can instead just build up few units and play on defence then strike at the crucial moment and take battle on your side.Or the one I like most is close them from resources and then wait till he trys to break trough your lines after few attacks you can just enter his base with few units and then kill everyone there. OR if you prefer superweapons then slowly but safely clearing the grounds. I think that I will also like the new Tiberium Sun.