xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forsaken

Command & Conquer Favs CC Series, Which is your favorite and why?

Which Game In The Series Was Your Favorite?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A Quick Background:-----Command & Conquer was origonally designed by a small design firm called Westwood Studios based out of California. Today it has become far more than the developers at Westwood Studios could have ever dreamed. However, the new Command & Conquer games are being developed by EA Games, which bought out Westwood Studios (It would appear EA Games is taking over).-----In case you were wondering, My favorite installment of the series would have to be a toss-up between, The First Command & Conquer (Gotta love the classics), And The Newest Installment, which is Command & Conquer: Generals. Reason being, The First Command & Conquer Seemed to have a quality about it in which you could simply sit there and play and play until you couldn't keep your eyes open because you were so sleep deprived. And Command & Conquer: Generals because of the High End Graphics are just stunning, but it doesnt seem to be able to capture the same quality as the first Command & ConquerSo now on to my question to you guys. If you have played all of the installments in the series of Command & Conquer, as I have. Which of these is your favorite, and why? (sorry if i've left any out :))

tiberian sun was definately the best Command and Conquer game ever!!! i miss playing Firestorm with all the mods i had downloaded for it. definately a classic and i think they should do a remake of it with better graphics, maby make it just like generals. that would make me very happy :)

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun/ Firestorm was a lot like the first in the scnece that it had about the same graphics. However the thing that I did not like about it was the futuristicness about it. I never could really get into space age things, even as a kid. I mean with command & conquer: tiberian sun instead of grenade guys they had guys called disc throwers, i dunno man? But despite all that I still bought it, and the expansion. I played them, and beat them both, because I am the Command & Conquer fan that I am. :)

The old Command and Conquer is still my favorite. I loved playing it, and I regret that I haven't done it in quite a while. I used to play Command and Conquer on my old playstation 1. At first I needed to get used to the controls using a gamepad but when I got the hang of it there was no army big enough to stop me :) I remember that I build so many tanks and GI's that my playstation couldn't handle it, it froze and crashed!

The game in lastest version is a great upgrade, although many improvements are hard to see unless you play the orginal after playing Zero Hour. This however just alerts you more to the perfection of the expansion pack and the simple fact that Generals wouldn't be the same game without it. sadly, this is westood's last game. they have been taken over by giants Electronic Arts who have absolutely no experience with strategy gaming whatsoever. it's a shame really as WW are possibly the BEST RTS makers in the world with the Dune and Command and Conquer series' under their belts.Generals is still up to WW's standards, the gameplay, as always, is amazing. And the scren layout is nothing short of amazing! the new units fit in well and everything is well balanced. As WW's second 3D game it is quite a masterpiece, unlike Renegade which was (in my opinion) rubbish!The map editor which is supplied with the game is fairly simple to use but gives geat results. The grapics - especially when at their highest - are great and utterly flawlessThis game has really to be played for you to understand how good it is, but if you don't know where to get it, you can also buy some other games from the Command and Conquer series, titles include: Command And Conquer, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun/Dawn(US), Red Alert 2, Yuri's Revenge, Renegade. All these games (except renegade) are masterpieces of 2D Strategy gaming, Renegade is a first-person-shooter.This game is definately worth buying, so go on, buy it!! It's definately where my money's going..... :) Even though Westwood is no more, EA games have taken up the reins of Command & Conquer with little loss of gameplay.Command & Conquer Generals has but one problem; lack of missions. I completed the game in a fairly short space of time, leading me to believe that 21 missions (7 China, 7 USA, 7 GLA [Global Liberation Alliance]) is not enough!Sound is brilliant, visuals are great for a strategy game, and playability lasts on. Multiplayer options and skirmishes are still fairly open.Thank. :)

I liked just about all the C&C games except Generals.

In many C&C fan's eyes, including mine, Generals is not a true C&C game, but a game that EA created to milk the C&C franchise and make more money. Don't get me wrong, Generals is an entertaining game, but it has nothing to do with the C&C storyline, and it was missing many key elements which made Command and Conquer, Command and Conquer.

It's been said that Generals started as the third installment of the Tiberian storyline, which many people believe was to be called "Tiberian Twilight". But when EA Games closed down Westwood Studios, they changed everything. There are still certain similarities. The China Hacker was to be the Nod Hacker, the Dragon Tank, the next Flame Tank for Nod, etc etc.

In my opinion, as well as many others, EA Games killed off C&C. Their support sucks, they leave the games feeling uncomplete, and, of course, their support sucks. The Renegade now sold in stores is a completely different game from what Westwood intended it to be. During it's Alpha, the man in charge of developing Renegade was replaced by a new EA employee, which thus changed nearly every aspect of the game, including the storyline. Just take a look at pictures of the old Alpha and compare it to the current game. The only thing that is keeping the C&C Franchise alive right now is hope for a new C&C game, and modifications for Generals and Renegade.

The only one I ever truly played for an extended period of time was Red Alert because it gave so much more units to control and to create. Alongside that I liked the unit production time instead of the long ligering waiting of most of the C&C games.

I always believed Westwood was a subsidary of EA, or at least had always had their games published by them. It's just that EA decided to cut costs and simply intergrate the Westwood team into EA, instead of having separate entities.My favourite was Red Alert, though. It had a bit more variety than the original (which I played a helluva lot), it was Soviets vs Allies, and there were really funky Tesla Coils :D. The squirmish mode was a big bonus for me as well. Red Alert kept the charm of the original, whilst improving on it, graphically, and just in design. I never went for Tiberian Sun much, it seemed slow to me, and I didn't particuarly like all the units which could do funky things :P.I don't see why so many people didn't enjoy Generals though? Whilst it's not like the original Command and Conquer's, I thought it was a solid RTS, worthy enough of the namesake, though I agree Phyre, a Tiberian Sun sequel would have been nice.

While Generals is a solid RTS, it just does not have the same feel as a Command and Conquer game. Command and Conquer was started by a few guys at Virgin Interactive, but then ended up splitting away from it to form Westwood Studios. They still had Virgin as their publisher, until they switched over to Electronic Arts. That's when the quality of the games started to plummet, due to EA rushing Westwood to finish their games.

Everyone was shocked to hear that EA was releasing a patch for Generals:Zero Hour, as well as possible production on Red Alert 3 and Tiberian Twilight [CnC III]. Have you guys heard of all the horror stories from EA employees? They had an article on Slashdot a while back, and here's a link to a blog of an "ea_spouse": http://ea-spouse.livejournal.com/

I like Command & Conquer Generals best!

Posted Image

Because they have the latest technologies and look like the real world in gameplay...

Look at the GLA forces in the game, they resembles the terrorists after the September 11 attacks..

GLA : Global Liberation Army

I love best is the aircraft... Sleek and swift I can say...

I always build great teams of aircraft, about 20-30 per team, and swift pass hte enemies bases, bomb every of their main targets in that single flight...

That's my tactic...

Well, my favorite is Generals, since it is the only one which I actually played of those for which I can vote :PI used to play it a lot before, but it becomes borring to me after 4,5 months of playing... Units are too slow, they are "buging" each other, just it's made bad... huh, when EA could make some good game... If Bllizard made this game, it would be the best game ever... Idea is good, but when u play it...Anyway, in first part of generals, I used to play with China and my favorite unit was Black Lotus xD When they made expansion, and made Zero Hour, Any Chinese army was bad and too slow, so I switched to GLA and my favorite GLA army was Gla Stealth... Also good was GLA Demolition with Kamikazi whos riding bikes :PFavorite GLA unit is Buggy, very fast unit which actually u can "micro" ( w3 players will know what does this means... ) any other unit is just for attack move...

By the way, C&C Generals sucks.No balance at all... The SW General is rediculously rigged. The whole US is rigged really (there are these things called Auroras...). I was 600/0 on Generals Online from just being the Air General and Aurora spamming (I was the air general b/c the SW general is so rediculously overpowered that it's banned from most games).Act of War: Direct Action is so much better... there's actually balance in that game (as well as better graphics, better units, better gameplay...)

By the way, C&C Generals sucks.

No balance at all... The SW General is rediculously rigged.  The whole US is rigged really (there are these things called Auroras...).  I was 600/0 on Generals Online from just being the Air General and Aurora spamming (I was the air general b/c the SW general is so rediculously overpowered that it's banned from most games).

Act of War: Direct Action is so much better... there's actually balance in that game (as well as better graphics, better units, better gameplay...)

200796[/snapback]

Well, Super weapon generals has more powerfull auroras then any other USA army in my opinion and I bealive u meant on them too when u said AIR general. They are not really that overpowered, yes, they are great unit with huuuuge splash damage, but it also depends which map u actually are playing. If u are playing big map with little places where army can come to u, super weapon has good advantage, but if map is smaller, u will have no chances in short games versus some GLA army, especially GLA stealth. Just pick first worker and send him to oponnent's base, but try to do it on that way so ur oponnent doesn't see u. Build network tunel somewhere near his base and when u get some quad cannons, take them out in his base and first destroy his airfield and supply chinoks... after that, he will have no chance to get back to game. Also, if u stealth ur supply center ( GLA stealth ), workers which came out from it are also invisible, so u can go to his base when he doesn't have good defense. If map is bigger or u can not enter his base, then make a bike and put ur worker on it and take it to his base. Bikes can go over mountains... There are numerous tactics with GLA stealth... They are the best race if player is good...

I meant the Air General b/c no1 allows the SW General b/c it is so rigged. READ stupid **bottom**. I have 600 wins, I'm no noob to the game, I know all the other tactics, I was simply stating the one that works better than all others. Auroras of any type are extremely overpowered. I tried GLA for a bit, but to no avail. With the ability to generate an infinite source of money (all armies can), and with the fact that Auroras are assured to make it to their target, they are impossible to stop if even used partially right. The infinite money means you will always have enough money to build more, and therefore can afford to continually send suicide Auroras to take out enemy superweapons, power, money sources, etc... with virtually no hit to your economy at all. They are assured to get through and you could care less if they make it back.The stealth general is useless, b/c the US player only needs to use their spy satellite and drone. Not to mention the fact that if you think you know where something is, you just use ctrl+click to attack a spot, and the Auroras will drop their bombs there (destroying everything they hit. The game is just so unbalanced it?s sickening.You really need to play Act of War. It?s really quite sad, sitting here listening to you claiming that Generals has even the smallest bit of balance. Even if it had the balance you claim, Act of War would still have 20x better balance at the very least. You really should go buy it and play it, for Generals is nothing compared to it.Act of War > Generals.