xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vyoma

Story Teller A vector artwork

The omnipotent-admin has speaketh for the first time on Vyoma's works.

:faints:

Thanks a lot miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG.

Dang! That is a great picture! Perhaps it would be even better if we could see it in the content with the background? As of now though, you've still got the lighting captured really well, as well as the ominous yet "clanly" feeling this seems to evoke. The shades on the story teller was done nicely and the shadows in the forefront added a nice touch.The not-quite-square shape of the pic fits its theme of coming from long ago. ;)

Hey Jimmy89, thanks!

Thanks, Arbitrary. And here it is. The article is published:
Perma-link

On an after look, I still see some mistakes with the render of the light, and the shadows. But I think I will just let it be. ;)

Looks good Vyoma, and it's nice to see that you're really getting into vector art and doing many things with it. Yes I agree the lighting is nice, and I like how you've tried a more simplistic, but very colourful approach to this picture. I like the border to the picture as well. The roundness makes it really appealing and fun to look at, not to mention I think it makes the whole thing more eye-catching.Good stuff. ;)

Another great illustration! I like the angular style and you did a nice job with the lighting on the guys body. I really love the gradient in the sky. Great contrast and use of figure-ground. The only thing that I find a little odd is the brown shape above the fire. Is that smoke or tepees in the background? i think it is a little ambiguous.

Looks good Vyoma, and it's nice to see that you're really getting into vector art and doing many things with it. Yes I agree the lighting is nice, and I like how you've tried a more simplistic, but very colourful approach to this picture. I like the border to the picture as well. The roundness makes it really appealing and fun to look at, not to mention I think it makes the whole thing more eye-catching.

Good stuff. ;)

Hey, thanks leafbunk. ;) I am almost becoming a vector art addict. I am trying to do an illustration for each and every post at my blog, either written by me, or the others in the team.

Another great illustration! I like the angular style and you did a nice job with the lighting on the guys body. I really love the gradient in the sky. Great contrast and use of figure-ground. The only thing that I find a little odd is the brown shape above the fire. Is that smoke or tepees in the background? i think it is a little ambiguous.

Thanks, foolakadugie. I tried a little research with the color-balance lesson you gave me for the other "Geese Formation" work. And yes, I was a bit stumped with that brown shape above the fire... I was actually trying to portray the play of light on the bush in the background, so that I can give a bit of depth to it. It did not work out well though.... ;) May be I should have gone for some fragmented angular shapes to render the bush leaves itself. Anyway, I did not have much time, and I wanted to have some illustration for the above mentioned blog post.

Hey, thanks leafbunk. ;) I am almost becoming a vector art addict. I am trying to do an illustration for each and every post at my blog, either written by me, or the others in the team.

Thanks, foolakadugie. I tried a little research with the color-balance lesson you gave me for the other "Geese Formation" work. And yes, I was a bit stumped with that brown shape above the fire... I was actually trying to portray the play of light on the bush in the background, so that I can give a bit of depth to it. It did not work out well though.... ;) May be I should have gone for some fragmented angular shapes to render the bush leaves itself. Anyway, I did not have much time, and I wanted to have some illustration for the above mentioned blog post.

well the colors look good to me ;)