xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hellmonkeys

T-rex Soft Tissue Discovered

Apparently they have found what is called "soft tissue" inside of the bones of a T-Rex. This "soft tissue" actually contains blood vessles and cells from the dinosaur. The material is from a 70-million-year-old dinosaur fossil.

I think this is pretty crazy that they are able to get tissue from a dinosaur. Maybe they can learn many new things about them... :)

Link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm no science genius so please don't flame me.As far as I thought, every part of the body (except the bones) somehow get decayed and soon die away and are vanished from existance. How did they manage to find that? Doesn't the tissue decay and vanish as well?

I vaguely remember reading some article about some "connoisseurs" who sampled the flesh of a wooly mammoth that was preserved in ice (a glacier of sorts?). They pronounced it delicious. Not that it really answers the question of flesh preservation, since the T-rex was a fossil...

that's awesome. that'd be really cool if they could make a clone of one. But I doubt they could. I would of thought that it would decay though. I didn't think it was possible for it to stay that long. Maybe it's a hoax.