xisto Community
Chesso

Need Advice On PSU

I'm currently using a Generic 400/450watt P4 PSU.

When I upgrade some hardware components soon, I'm thinking of getting a better quality one to make sure everything is fine (and I probably should have gotten one ages ago), but I don't have a whole lot to spend on it.

Basically what I'm looking to find out is what the equivalent is for a better quality PSU, as iv'e heard say a 350watt antec would beat the pants off a generic 450watter or some such.

I am looking at:

350W "Antec" Basiq ATX Power Supply, ATX12V version 2.01 complaint, Dual +12V Ouputs, 80mm fan, SATA connectors, Power Factor Correction which is $53.70 (AU).

Or

500W "EverPower" ATX 2.0 VER Power Supply with power cord and SATA cable, TUV, low noise, On/Off, Built-in Emi filter which is $60.70 (AU)

i whould go for the 500W "everpower" beacause 350W can be too little for some sistems... but if you are totally sure 350 will be enough...buy the ANTEC... it's the classic contest... high quality but low power vs low quality and high power

Well i'd say that the EverPower is far better quality in comparison to the generic and has more power, so I either way I'm getting an improvement in both sectors.Seems like a winner for me :).