xisto Community
deFT

Tested Out This Guide To Change Ip now something is wrong

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/80683-topic/?findpost=1064279349

i need to change my IP so i tried that guide out and it didnt work...something is wrong now (prob no big deal but i feel insecure until confirmed/fixed)....my internet works but it's not directly from my network adapter (Local Area Connection 5) anymore

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

the icon "Internet Connection" wasn't there before and my connection doesnt come from my Local Area COnnection 5 anymore....how do i get it back to normal

Notice from Mark420:

This is NOT a Tutorial you are posting! it is a reply to the tutorial you are having problems with!

Also you double posted it so I had to delete the other post.

Please read the rules before posting in the Tutorial section please!

The icon "Internet Connection" wasn't there before and my connection doesn't come from my Local Area connection 5 anymore....how do i get it back to normal

Hi deFT,

I thought it had to do with your Router or something similar. I setup up my home network on this computer like 2 minutes ago, to see if it came up. And it did! But after restarting it disappeared.

Well if I'm right, you could remove the icon by disabling some service, and I'll take a look for you!
Ok, I made a screenshot and I attached it to this post. It's pretty much all you have to do.

Just restart and then it should be gone.

Please reply if it works or doesn't then I know I was right or not :) Since I'm not completely sure about this!

bakr_2k5
Edited by bakr_2k5 (see edit history)

My router created "Internet Connection" in my network connections on all my pcs and laptops but it is still directly from your lan connection, so it is nothing to worry about.