xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Track Your Adsense Ad Clicks To Further Maximise On Your Returns

I've written an article at my site regarding the tracking of Google AdSense ad clicks and analyzing the data to maximize on your earnings... It might be worth a read. Here's an excerpt from the post.

If you didn't know, clicks on AdSense Ads can be effectively tracked and recorded providing us with further insight into the inner workings of AdSense. Google Analytics provides us with really useful tools to track AdWords statistics, but totally lacks any tool to work in conjunction with AdSense.

However, there are loads of third party scripts which can help you do the same, even up to the extent of linking the AdSense clicks to your Analytics account. Some of these scripts are hosted on remote servers and the host provides you with tracking facilities free of charge. This is an easy option for beginners. On the other hand if you've got considerable working experience with web-servers, there are scripts which you can install to record the clicks and store the statistics right at your site.

Read the full article ...

... and let me know if it helped you in any way.

Cheers,

m^e

First of all, sorry for reviving a thread that's close to two years old, but I thought it better to comment on an existing thread than to create a new one with a very similar topic.

I used to use one of those scripts to track my AdSense Clicks, but I always had my doubts about both its effectiveness and stability. After all, no one (other than some Google employees) really knows how Google AdSense's implementation code and inner mechanism works.

However, there is some great news for Google AdSense publishers who happen to be as anal-retentive as I am (ahem!). Google Analytics has been recently rolling out a new update to its system that allows it to track your Google AdSense clicks, providing you with the same detailed analysis and reporting capabilities of the Google Analytics package. This update is still in the BETA phase, but it's being rolled out gradually to all Google Analytics users.

The excellent news about this is that, not only do you get the plethora of data and information that Google Analytics provides, but the quality of AdSense Clicks data that you get is virtually assured -- after all, it's provided by the same people who made it in the first place! Plus, if you already have Google Analytics tracking code installed on your website, you're already set. All you'll need to do is authorize the integration between the two systems (which, not surprisingly, takes nothing more than a couple of clicks.)

One of Google's official announcements of this feature can be found on the Inside AdSense blog, in a post titled Making a date with data in Google Analytics. Here is the link...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/