xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Multithreading Woes

The concept of multithreading, while visualises the power to build memory efficient and responsive applications, is one of the most complicated things to deal with, considering the issues such as that of thread safety, etc.Going by M$'s help pages makes it sound even more 'hocus-focus'. I would appreciate a to the ground explanation of Mutithreading and its implementation.

I can be daunting, but just start simple. For instance:

Private Sub ThreadTest	 'This is all the code needed to spin a thread off	 Dim t as system.threading.thread(addressof MyFirstThread)	 t.startEnd SubPrivate Sub MyFirstThread()	Dim i as integer   	While i < 10		threadResult = threadResult + (i * 2)		i += 1	End WhileEnd Sub

Of course, threads have many methods and may need to be managed or synchronized. Used sparingly, though, they're not that complicated.

Notice from miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG:
In future make sure when you post any kind of code, it's enclosed within the CODE tags. If any mod does it for you later on - you loose out on a lot of credits, owing to the penalizing system.