xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Google's Experimentation With 'Ads By Google' Logo

Reports have been flooding in from everywhere regarding Google's experimentation with the new "Ads by Google" logo and mostly they consist of grumbles about how it's going to (or already have) reduce the CTR (Click-Through-Rate) drastically.

Posted Image

However as far as I've noticed, Google seems to understand this factor and been trying to make the logo as unobtrusive as possible, by blending it to suit the colour palette of your ads. The logo's that have appeared on my site so far look like...

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Read further on this at my blog...

Google experimenting with the âAds by Googleâ link in AdSense

Further musings on Googleâs experimentation with the AdSense logo

My CTR so far seems unaffected. Anybody else experienced negatives/positives owing to this logo??

Feedbacks & comments on this will be great !!!

Regards,

m^e

Hey m^e,had been recently reading the book, The Google Story, and was amazed by a survey that the book mentioned. It said that 60% of the users didn't know that they were <- snipped -> when they clicked Google ads. It seems logical to make its logo prominent to may be avoid a lawsuit or something. But however, this step will no doubt reduce the CTR as people avoid <- snipped -> The moment a general user sees that the link is a google ad, they might deviate.}}