xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nathaniel1405241538

Feeling On Isometric Art Like it or Dislike it

In the past two years I have started to enjoy Isometric art. But it is truley amazing what people can do with the concept now. Habbo Hotel is completly designed out of the isometric pixel art sceme, and brings in millions of money from random aged people playing.

Pixel Freak.com has plenty of talented isometric artists who come up with new idea on how to create reality in the pixel world.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What's your opinion on this?

Like it or dislike?

I simply love it! I just think being a purist and doing all pixel art using paint is not the way to go... But...DeviantArt has also *incredible* Isometric Art pieces. Some take months and months to complete.I'll post some link to them soon!

I always was/am amazed by people who draw pixel art, sometimes it seems to be impossible to understand how they do it, but as I said I was/am so amazed, especially when playing all the retro games, usually platforms or adventures, the graphics are so nice and when you know that a group of designers/artists made everything using pixel art and tools like deluxe paint or similar and of course + some other tools.. Those people are real artists!

WOW!....CoooL! it's really look nice and it's look like sims in pixle game :) ..... and even it seem confused how you do pixle art and even i have some experence in art myself and if you'd ask for my rate would be 8.9/10 :).

Pix Art really is not that hard to do its just the basic concept idea how everything has to match up, plus having to use one pixel only. But its the idea of creating different kinds of images that is hard.

Here it took me like at least 10 min to create a simple room.

Posted Image

But I havent done isometric art in years the last time I did it was when I was trying to make my Own Isometric chat like habbo hotel.\\

if the image does not show i attached it.

Edited by nathaniel (see edit history)

I must admit that while I've never been a big fan of pixel art, I do thing that it's pretty amazing stuff. I'm just not a fan of the ....well....pixel look, but I'm always amazed at how well people can pull of shading and three dimensional effects with the specific placement of pixels. And the colour variations are pretty amazing as well, because it must take an incredible amount of foresight to be able to create a whole masterpiece from simply using pixel by pixel to build it. I've never tried pixel art, for I seriously believe I lack the patience and extreme attention to detail that working on something such as that might require. I think that the pictures you provided in the first post are pretty cool, and I was fairly shocked to see such a clean looking scene, as well as the three dimensional look that was pulled off. I mean, the puddles in the driveway, the shading on the side of the house and in the pool, as well as on the shrubs, etc. And the patterning on the roof?!?! Crazy! I can't imagine the attention to detail such a picture would require. I suppose a pixel artist also has to have a really good sense of...geometry, especially when working on things like buildings or structures like that. My mind, it just doesn't work on such a rigid structure like that. It's truly amazing how people do art, and all the different kinds of art they can come up with. ;)

I think it's ok. It's fresh and a change from what I usually see. Although I don't imagine myself staring at such designs for so long. It's something I'd easily grow tired of, and luckily it's not that widely used.