xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BaSsMaNjR5

Addicting Games..... Really gets you into a hole thats hard to get out of.

Well my addicting game starts with the great americas army game...I started playing on the version 1.9 and went through version 2.3 without stopping. The game is an army simulator that has amazing graphics but is beginning to get me thinking is like a tourist trap in a different state. I would play americas army in 6 hour intervals and would spend the time i would need for homework and the time i could have for riding BMX around my city playing this game! You can guess what happened.... My grades began to drop, My social skills went out the window and my health began to tremble away....After noticing this addiction I began to quit playing that and moved to learning scripting and those sort of things....Then now i only check my email and listen to music and sometimes chat.....My weekends are spent riding BMX with my friends on good days and on rainy/cold days its time for catching up to the sleep i need..... Basically what im getting to is that some games are like a smoking addiction that once you start playing them....you just want more. All you can do is think about that cigarette as in a game all you think about is how your going to boost your honor level up 1 more level. All you talk about is how you need that cigarette and with a game you talk about just the game and how you killed this one enemy.. Dont you think people get sick of listening to your dumb game that they have interest in what so ever? Dont you think its funny that after playing games for so long you cant speak smoothly because you never really talk on a game? What experiences have you guys had on games that are so addicting you just cant stop?

I used to play Championship Manager 00-01 for basically the whole day on a weekend when I didn't really have a social life. Now I play Tony Hawk's Underground 2 in my spare time but the thing I find mostly addictive is Neoseeker (a site about games but I won't go into details because of advertising purposes). When I am in the house I am on the PC, get home from school and I am on the PC from 4:00 pm to 12:00 pm unless I go out skateboarding. To me the PC is addictive and I keep comming back to it.

I used to play Championship Manager 00-01 for basically the whole day on a weekend when I didn't really have a social life. Now I play Tony Hawk's Underground 2 in my spare time but the thing I find mostly addictive is Neoseeker (a site about games but I won't go into details because of advertising purposes). When I am in the house I am on the PC, get home from school and I am on the PC from 4:00 pm to 12:00 pmĀ  unless I go out skateboarding. To me the PC is addictive and I keep comming back to it.

64370[/snapback]

I agree... The computer has alot to do with it and has become your life basically....Its a very sad thing that happens with technology....Instead of going out and doing stuff that will make you in better shape and allow you to get out in the air and just have REAL fun, you decide to stay on a piece of technology that doesnt do much of anything for you....Sad thing :)

Trap17. lol. computer games? um, splinter cell, Halo2, Generals, and many others.

I would have to say MMOGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Games) Like planetside, its BF with 500 people at the same time, or SWG, watching the twin suns set on tatooine, or EQII, after slaying 500 gnolls and get the gnoll slayer title :)It's all good!

I was heavily addicted to BF series, AA series and Civilization series, I lost a lot of social life there. But I quit now 2 years and running have'nt played a single thing.. My addiciton began on starcraft..But I still think about CIV from time to time at night.. :)Addiction to gaming is a LIFE WASTER imho.

I feel that AA is slightly frustrating as the sprinting (or running) speed does not seem too real. Sometimes switch of weapons are very slow as well. Otherwise I think AA is a relatively good simulator of combat.Also, I used to addict to BF series, with a lot of heavy modding into it - I made made mods to make the gameplay more realistic etc.... Now I don't have much time..:)