xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chinna1405241537

A Small Prob In Winamp

Did you by anychance turn this on from the menu after installation?At the install phase you get a chance to "intergrate this into shell" which is basically giving you the option to right click on things and enque them.I kinda think if youve turned it on afterwards this is the problem..I dont think it writes the registry entry correctly I had the same problem turning on Winrar to interact with the shell.I would uninstall it and turn in on from the install and hopefully you should be fine.If not you will have to unistall again..reboot and delete any winamp related folder and search the registry for any winamp entries and delete them..but PLEASE be carefull with this is you dont know what your doing!!Even more so than any other app because I think winamp shifts some crucial entries over to its control..you may find you are unaable to play any sound file till you reinstall winamp properly again and it re writes these entries.Good Luck!Marky;)

Did you by anychance turn this on from the menu after installation?
At the install phase you get a chance to "intergrate this into shell" which is basically giving you the option to right click on things and enque them.

I kinda think if youve turned it on afterwards this is the problem..I dont think it writes the registry entry correctly I had the same problem turning on Winrar to interact with the shell.

I would uninstall it and turn in on from the install and hopefully you should be fine.
If not you will have to unistall again..reboot and delete any winamp related folder and search the registry for any winamp entries and delete them..but PLEASE be carefull with this is you dont know what your doing!!
Even more so than any other app because I think winamp shifts some crucial entries over to its control..you may find you are unaable to play any sound file till you reinstall winamp properly again and it re writes these entries.
Good Luck!

Marky;)

thanks marky...... i will check out that........ :P