xisto Community
Chesso

Need Help: Windows XP Pro SP2 - Language

My mum bought some cheap oldish computer to play around with that has Windows XP Professional with SP2 installed, but there is a minor problem..... I CAN'T READ WHATEVER LANGUAGE IT'S IN LMFAO!Does anyone know how I can get the darn thing back to english? It's real difficult when it's setup different to mine and I can't read to see where to go lol.

Check control panel then regional options.

I'll post some screenshots so you can see where the selection boxes are in common.

First, make your way to the control panel (I have shown a screenshot from the start menu)

Posted Image

Then click on 'Regional and language options'

Posted Image

Click the language tab

Posted Image

Then the details button

Posted Image

Finally select your language and press ok

Posted Image

Hope it works, you should be able to find your way around with the common locations of the buttons etc..

-HellFire

But I don't know what language to select as the languages themselves are in korean or w/e language it uses LOL.Not even sure if English is installed :|, but I'll give it a try.EDIT: Doesn't look like english is an option :P, only 3 options and it says like KO, JP and GL (or GA).

Edited by Chesso (see edit history)

Are you serious???Screw microcrap, I'll just leave it as korean, Iv'e gotten used to navigating it the same way by feel from my computer (so stick that up ya billy boy :P).I mean I could install one of the OS's I have but I honestly couldn't be arsed, the hardware ain't that great, only got it for mum to browse oztion meh.

Edited by Chesso (see edit history)

You can change this by changing the regional settings through the control panel. click on the "Start menu" then click the "Control Panel" (the icon with a hammer or a clipboard) Then go to "Regional Settings" (the globe icon, the one without the plug) than select a new setting in the drop down menu, at random if you can't read the text, odds are you well hit some form of English then click the lower left button, it should then prompt you to restart click the left button.I have never done this my self but i do know that "Windows XP SP 2" does support multi-language for businesses.If you are even still having this problem.

Edited by Gamer David (see edit history)