xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tezza

Sequels

Certain sequels that i thought was always somewhat better than the original, was probably the Final Fantasy series. I say that because they always try their best to change up the gameplay and the featuers offered in the game. Although after FF7 setting the scale was already very high, and they sort of dipped after that. They offered so much in FF7 that there sequels are good but not better than what they made for their on going successes. But I believe that their sequel that is coming on the next gen system such as the PS3, I believe FFXIII is and will be the FF7 of the new era, it featuers a totally revamped way how battles takes place and a off the board realistic look to the graphics system.Now thats the game I am looking forward to seeing in the near future once PS3 hits store shelves and games are be developed for the sytem.But another type of sequel that always and will always impress me is the Metal Gear series. That series always offer better and better gameplay and story from one game to the next. Its a tatical espionage game with movie like scenes and climatic battles that keeps you in the game through out the play through. And the upcoming Metal Gear 4 seems to be the death of snake the originator of the games. So this title after many successfull titles might be the last and most rememberal one for us all, but who knows maybe the little kid that has ninja like skills will take over his story, but I honestly dont believe its a Metal Gear game if its not going to have the main icon in the game and that is SOLID SNAKE.Those are two of the best sequels games I have ever played in my existing life, I hope to see more sequels to live up to their name and successes like the current games described did.

While they aren't thought of a lot in this context, pretty much a large majority of sports type games get better with each incarnation. There are the odd ones that get screwed up but otherwise they get better as they go. The first one that comes to mind is always the need for speed series, especially since the first underground game they've gotten better at shocking rates.I also agree on the FF's and MGS games. They both have some great improvements throughout the series which is always great. The Unreal Tournament line of games also sees great improvements so those sequels would, in my opinion, beat the orignal.Hmm, what else... System shock 2 bested system shock 1 (both classics)... I know there are others but unfortunately the sequels that are better then the original don't seem to come close to how many sequels suck in comparison. The first to come to mind in that area is always chrono chross :) Sequels should be illegal unless the game makers do it RIGHT.

Some great views guys. What did you think of the Grand Theft Auto series. I feel they have got better as time has progressed. The gameplay has certainly got better than the very first one.I remember the first one compared to San Andreas. What an amazing difference.What about the old fighting games like Tekken? Do you think these have been getting better? I certainly do. In the latest one you can even play the old games in it, which is a great feature that not many games would offer.It allows you to go back and play the older games and it makes you think how much games have advanced over the years.

Well First off Final Fantasy is not a sequel it's only a sequel in number. Minus the FFX and FFX-2. Each game is completely different in every aspect minus the similarities. Metal Gear series has been good since it's Nintendo days can't wait to play 4, although rumors are going that this is the final one since snake is well old. But who knows.Sports games are also not sequels either, because their is no plot to it, it's just sports. Although I am a madden fan they better do something different for Madden 2008, because playing football I see no real challenge .Silent Hill has a good sequels as well never played them except for 3 and I got bored with htat game rather quickly.Resident evil, that series has to many sequels and spin offs it's not even funny, but still good.Parasite Eve was a good series to bad they only made 2 games for it, wouldn't mind seeing a third.Then the grand daddy of them All Super Mario bros, need I say more on that.