xisto Community
WeaponX

VGA Mode Not Supported Message On Monitor

I just hooked up my computer to a brand new hd tv. It is connected using vga. The tv works fine but when I switch to pc it starts windows but then says no signal and stays that way. Can anyone help me please?

Keywords:

Mode not supported message on monitorVGA Mode Not Supported Message On Monitor

I have just installed a touchscreen monitor for my little girl's computer.  Her favourite game, which was working previously on the same computer now will not load. The initial startup page comes up, but when you  select play, it comes up with "Mode Not Support" on the screen and won't go any further.  My only option is turn the computer off at the electrical outlet.  The game is on a CD and worked fine on  the same computer with a different (borrowed) touchscreen.

The support people where we got the screen said for me to change the resolution on the monitor.  I hope I did it correctly, but I changed it to the lowest resolution (600x800 high colour) and it made no difference. I tried the game on my own computer and it worked fine, so I know there is nothing wrong with the CD.  Then I thought because the game works on my own computer, I'll change the resolution to the same as my monitor (which is a high res 1600x1200).  Unfortunately, once I change the touchscreen to the highest resolution the computer won't even work at all now... AAARGH! I get the message "Mode Not support" as soon as Windows' startsup, so I can't even change it back now!..

Any suggestions???  All help will be very appreciated, Thanks.

-question by Sue Mackie

Same ProblemVGA Mode Not Supported Message On Monitor

I just purchased an HP Pavilion 6540f desktop with Windows 7 and hooked it up to my Samsung TV via the VGA hook up. It worked great until I was getting familiar with some of the installed programs, in particular a Roxio video program, when I got a message that said the Roxio program required a minimum resolution to work (don't remember what that was), and it asked "Do you want to change the resolution?" Well unfortunately I said yes and immediately got a blank screen except for the message from my TV saying "Mode Not Supported". I can reboot in the safe mode and change the resolution settings. A couple work in the safe mode, but no matter what I select, when I reboot in normal mode I just get "Mode Not Supported". My 10 year old Sony Vaiostill works great when hooked up to the Samsung TV/monitor. I'm afraid to do a restore back to the one and only restore point that it created when I first turned the computer on about 2 hours earlier. Will try hooking up via an HDMI to DVI-D cable in a day or two. If that doesn't work I will begin pulling out my hair, what little I have left. Any other suggestions?

Same ProblemVGA Mode Not Supported Message On Monitor

I just purchased an HP Pavilion 6540fdesktop with Windows 7 and hooked it up to my Samsung TV via the VGA hook up.It worked great until I was getting familiar with some of the installed programs, in particular a Roxio video program, when I got a message that said the Roxio program required a minimum resolution to work (don't remember what that was), and it asked "Do you want to change the resolution?" Well unfortunately I said yes and immediately got a blank screen except for themessage from my TV saying "Mode Not Supported". I can reboot in thesafe mode and change the resolution settings. A couple work in the safe mode,but no matter what I select, when I reboot in normal mode I just get "ModeNot Supported". My 10 year old Sony Vaio still works great when hooked upto the Samsung TV/monitor. I'm afraid to do a restore back to the one and onlyrestore point that it created when I first turned the computer on about 2 hours earlier. Will try hooking up via an HDMI to DVI-D cable in a day or two. If that doesn't work I will begin pulling out my hair, what little I have left. Any other suggestions?

-reply by Bob H

scott 37VGA Mode Not Supported Message On Monitor

I need some help. I was using a tv as a monitor and everything was fine my uncle came over and did some stuff on the pc.Now the pc wont come up on the screen all I get is not suported.When I hook it up to another tv it works .I thought it was the monitor but then I hooked up my laptop and it worked now I'm stuck and confused please help 

-reply by chris

Monitor Message: mode not supportedVGA Mode Not Supported Message On Monitor[Replying to iGuest,13886,15130Start your PC and while its starting keep pressing F8, a new screen will open with a list of options, for Win XP: select "enable vga mode"(6) for Win Vista: select "enable low-resolution video (640x480). This will enable the lowest resolution and after normal startup you will be able to adjust your desired resolution that is supported by your PC.

Something to tryVGA Mode Not Supported Message On Monitor

If you hit F8 before boot, it will bring up the option to boot into Safe Mode, but you don't want to do that. Looking farther down the list you will see an option for 'Boot into Low-Resolution mode)

this will enable you to boot into regular windows and avoid the 'Not Supported Error'

Good luck, it worked for me.

lcd monitor now black screen after installing XPSP2VGA Mode Not Supported Message On Monitor

Brand new hard drive in Compaq Evo D510SFF / installed copy of nt / Then Windows XP Home edition. AOC 2217v lcd monitor working great until installed SP2. Screen now in VGA Hell with 4 bit color. Unchangeable settings. Before I could insert the AOC driver cd, screen shows startup -then black screen. Cannot even boot in safe mode. Any ideas? Just threw away old monitor

-question by Angela

Replying to WeaponXThis is exactly what I need to do. I'm basically trying to reset the refresh rate blindly with jst the keyboard : I only have the lcd tv to use as a monitor so I cant jst plug in to another screen and do it tht way. I shouldve memorized it too.

Replying to WeaponXThis is exactly what I need to do. I'm basically trying to reset the refresh rate blindly with jst the keyboard : I only have the lcd tv to use as a monitor so I cant jst plug in to another screen and do it tht way. I shouldve memorized it too.