xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BitShift

Problem With MySQL

I tried to visit my website today and I recieved the dreadful page from my php-nuke site

"There seems to be a problem with the MySQL database"

First I thought, "no big deal server is probably rebooting or down for a little bit" So i logged into my cpanel and clicked on "Server Status".

Thats when I started worrying. It said the MySQL servers were up and runnign fine. I went back to my main page and looked at my MySQL server count and instead of saying 2/99 it now says NA/99

I am unable to create a new database and I recieve this error when I click on PHPmyadmin

phpMyAdmin - error#1040 - Too many connections

This is a huge problem for me because my website uses PHP-Nuke and it cannot display anything except for an error page without access to the database. Hopefully the data is not lost because my backup is a few days old.

Anyone else having this problem, and what do I do to fix this?

Same here.. I have had this problem on another server, but it usually lasted for only a few minutes. I don't know why the server is taking so long to recover.

I think the whole servers are having issue problems. Dont worry about it. However did you take backups just in case?Give them a while as I think the admins are trying to sort these problems now. However Im just a newbie so dont listen to me. lolHopefully it is alrite.

Yes of course I have backups but the problem here is I can not even make a new database to put the backup on.The MySQL service for me is completely shut down, and even if I did manage to create a new database the PHPMyAdmin is also not working so there would be know way to upload my backup file to the database.

but hey guess what? the easiest and fastest way to backup your DB is to use a CRON job...guess what has NOT been working since the CPANEL upgrade?Yes go to the top of the class!!! the cron jobs DO NOT run at all these days...not a good thing!!!!this needs to be fixed also!!!

Well the MySQL issue seems to be resolved as my website is back up and running with no data loss.I would like to thank the site administrators and anyone who contributed to getting this done in a timely fashion.As for the cron jobs well the best of luck to you on that.