xisto Community
tezza

Belkin Routers

Does anyone else use the Belkin Wireless 125 High speed mode router, or one of their similar products?I own one and have three other computers set-up on the same network. Do any of you ever find problems with them? The only annoying thing is sometimes I cant get a connection on one of the computers and it gets annoying when you need the computer.

Does anyone else use the Belkin Wireless 125 High speed mode router, or one of their similar products?I own one and have three other computers set-up on the same network.
Do any of you ever find problems with them? The only annoying thing is sometimes I cant get a connection on one of the computers and it gets annoying when you need the computer.

I had Belkin 125 Mbps router. It worked fine until I had to stream high quality videos on the network. The signal was intruppted and the video was intermittent. Then I tried Linksys 54 Mbps. This one worked good without any problem streaming videos. But this Linksys router needs reboot quite often.
Edited by talktime (see edit history)

I cant get a connection

What do you mean by "I can't get a connection" ? Do you mean that you cannot login to windows ? Or do you say that you cannot go to the Internet ?Because connecting to the computer is purely local to your PC, except if you decided to be inside a domain. And if you want to be inside a domain, you must create a domain controller.
If you have no domain controller, you must tell your computer "I'm not in a domain, i'm a standalone computer".
Edited by yordan (see edit history)

Even though i don't own one you might want to try some of these steps:1. Update firmware and drivers (You also might want to run windows update on the computers)2. Make sure there isn't any interference around the router/card in the pc3. See if you can somehow check if the routers running at full signal strengthI recommend you do step 1 and 2 and if that doesn't work it could be a faulty pci wireless network card (Is this happening to just one pc or all of them?)-HellFire

It doesnt always happen. It is a problem that occurs every so often. The annoying thing is that it can pick up a wanadoo wireless signal everynow and then. So do you think that is the interferance or do you think that I need to do something with my signal? And if I did how would I be able to do so?