xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Hosting Point Question How it works ?

I've afew questions that I couldn't find in the forum :1) How does the hosting point system works ?2) Do I get a free domain when I exchange the points for a free hosting account ?3) How to I give points to people ?

I'm sure there are some links that can assist you in your questions, but I'm in the mood to type. I don't care about the points but maybe 1 would be nice :) .Here's what I understand, hopefully I'm not wrong. The credit system works depending on the quality of your posts. If you post something of quality, such as a tutorial on how to do something, you will receive a good amount of points. If you post a simple response without much text, you won't receive much, you probably wont even receive one point. Points will not go up fast according to how many posts you put up - its based on quality. Points decrease, I believe, at the rate of 1 point per day, so if you have 10 accumulated points, in 10 days without posting you would return to zero. Gain 10 points and you qualify for package 1. Gain 30 and you can apply for package 2. You don't have to apply for package 1 before applying for package 2, but after your application is accepted for the desired package, your points automatically reset to 5, so if you're aiming for the second package which features more space and bandwidth, preserve your points and skip applying for package one. Do not let your points go under 3, keep posting to gain a safe amount of points, if not your site will be frozen and eventually terminated (I believe if points are in the negative). This makes sure you're active and productive in the forum!!! I think that about covers your first question.If you are applying for a free package (1 or 2) you have to post on the forums. When you get enough points you will be able to apply for a free domain (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). If you want to pay I don't believe you have to participate in the forums.As for the third question, I believe you are referring to 'hosting credits'. Only moderators and administrators can hand out points, I believe no member can do so. Again points are handed out according to size and content. Moderators can and will look over your posts, especially the posts you make before applying for packages. Since you can't give out hosting points, you can give out reputaion points as consolidation. I don't have any reputation points, start distributing if this helped at all!!! B)

I don't bevlieve so, Xisto.com only hosts. They give you a sub-domain, but not a full one.

As for the third question, I believe you are referring to 'hosting credits'.  Only moderators and administrators can hand out points, I believe no member can do so.

64015[/snapback]

Only administrators can control hosting credits but only when they feel the person deserves it (whether the situation is good or bad). The banner competition that's going on now would be a good example of giving out credits, and spamming would be a good example of taking away credits.

On another perspective, moderators can take away credits also, but we cannot remove the an exact number of credits. For example, if a moderator feels a person is spamming, he can delete the spammer's post and let the credit system take care of the rest.

:)