xisto Community
WeaponX

Which Web Host To Choose

My contract is almost up with my current webhost. I'm looking into using 1AND1 but want to know if anyone has used their service and if they like it. I want to get the 1&1 Home package but have some questions.I don't know much about Server Side Includes. I just use it since I some content that I want repeated on every page. Is there any way I can add this service in without the need to upgrade to the Business package?How about the size of the databases? If my forum database ever reaches over 100MB, what happens?How would I import all my current data over to the new host? I have my whole site, a forum and a few email accounts with my web host.Thanks.

Hey, your package at 1and1 is great. But you may also check the packages at godaddy.com. They are a little costly but the uptime gaurantee is much better. Also speed is good.I myself wanted to pose the exact question. My friend is planning to get the GoDaddy Deluxe plan with 100GB space and 1000Gb transfer and all the usual PHP and MySQL support.Also they are offering $25 Google adword credits. Its looking like a good deal. Any other good suggestions?

Woah, $3.74!? That's way too much if you ask me! Just take a look at Xisto - Web Hosting - for less money ($3.33) you could get 2.1GB of space and 33.3GB of bandwidth :) Of course, I am sure you don't need all that, but I am just pointing out that four dollars for such plan is a rip-off.

As for transfering your web site, I believe that it will be rather easy. Firstly, you will have to move all the files - for that, you will use a FTP manager, since it's a simple drag-and-drop procedure. Secondly, you will have to move the database, which is also acomplished in a few steps. Lastly, you might have to edit some configuration files, but that is just 5 more minutes.

I agree with pyrost, I notice that you been here awhile so I know you have come across Xisto - Web Hosting.com from time to time. I know Xisto - Web Hosting has micro plans as well if you looking for something a bit smaller.although godaddy is great, most people unless they have a very large site, don't go through most of that space 250gb of bw seems excessive if you have a small site.From what I seen on your site the first plan would suit you just fine.

But it's only $0.41 more than Xisto - Web Hosting? I pay around the same for my webhost now which I want to switch because they have been having some down times lately and I want to avoid that as much as I could. 1AND1 offers 100GB of webspace though compared to Computer Host's 2.1GB. I know I will probably never use that much space, but 2.1GB is just kind of small for the long run.I mainly want to use the new host for hosting some downloads and running my site and forum. I have heard how some users love their service, but just wanted some personal feedback from those that have used it before. I need it to support SSI since I use that throughout my site. Seems like 1AND1 Home package does not provide this though, which I hate. I don't want to upgrade to the Business plan just for SSI support...this seems ridiculous.