xisto Community
xboxrulz1405241485

Firefox 2 To Come Out On Oct 24, 2006 Thats tomorrow

Yeah I haven't had any stability issues with firefox new or old, except for those caused by extensions. Yahoo search works for me. If you have extensions installed, maybe try uninstalling them, because sometimes they do cause problems, sometimes certain combinations of extensions cause problems, too. Back in the day I didn't really like opera. The UI and other little things about it bugged me. I do like the new one, but I still prefer firefox, because I use the extensions frequently for work. Also I like the global close tab button :P

I have Firefox 2 and I'm proud of it!
Although Firefox has crashed on me one time, it is very good.

In fact, I'm doing my school speech assignment on Firefox. Since almost no one in my town uses Firefox, I'll bet this will get some news out. I'm going to be speaking about Firefox (for 3-4 minutes). There is too much to talk about. LOL

Anyways, Opera 9 is good, but Firefox 2 is also extremely well built. Choose both if you want, that is what I have. Something like 8 browsers.

Go to https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/ and check out Firefox2's features!

Well, I'm, running Firefox 2 and I must say I'm really not experiencing all the bad things that have been reported by the technological press! It's not a huge improvement over the last major version, but a few really nice things have been improved. I've been running Firefox 2 since Beta 2 came out a few months ago, and nowadays I can't live without the close button for each separate tab when I use the old major version of Fx at a friend's.

Anyways, it's really not that bad. Not the greatest and most innovative thing ever, but I'm definitely not sticking to the old versions!

I don't really like the individual close buttons, so I brought the global close button back in about:config. I use the middle mouse (scroll) button to close singular tabs and the global one to close multiple tabs. If I am closing many tabs I use ctrl + w. That is why firefox is so great. It is configurable to fit different peoples' needs. :)

Firefox 2 is no real big deal for me, i'm an opera fan. Sure it is great to add on new features with extensions and stuff but what i'm more concerned about is what comes by default and what features it has. Opera has always had the latest features and with firefox trying to keep up.The main reason why i ditched firefox is it wasn't acting normally, after the program closed it was still 'half open' with buttons appearing on the taskbar that wouldn't go away after a restart - now this was a problem, taking up not 1 but 2 full sized taskbar slots for some reason. The only solution was to uninstall it.I got opera when it was version 8.5 i think and still it had more features and a MUCH easier to navigate interface, now with opera 9 the features are just insane - i can't wait until opera 10-HellFire

Although some of you have already seen this post about Firefox extensions and what not, thought I give out a quick advertisement to those who don't know about it yet.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/91541-topic/?findpost=1064358046

Basically these tools are used to make designing easier in Firefox easier and more fun. :)

I had started using Firefox a few months ago, and didn’t experience any problems until recently. With the Firefox 2 release, I understand that a couple of extensions are no long compatible. Like the color tab extension and fasterfox (or was it adblock). Anyways, I didn’t really see many improvements over the previous version yet. And I’m not sure what is causing my Firefox to crash, maybe it is an extension, but I haven’t added any new extensions lately. But I will test out the theory and uninstall some of them.

Well, most of the extensions work now (at least the most popular ones)including the color tab extension (if we talk about the same one)fasterfox is still incompatibleadblock works fine for me since the 2.0 release

In fact, I'm doing my school speech assignment on Firefox. Since almost no one in my town uses Firefox, I'll bet this will get some news out. I'm going to be speaking about Firefox (for 3-4 minutes). There is too much to talk about. LOL

Seriously?! No one in your town uses Firefox? For me it's like one out of every two people I meet at school use Firefox. And today at school when we were supposed to be working on a project, a friend and I were messing around with Platypus and Greasemonkey (Firefox extensions), which caught the attention of a lot of people around us. So in those nice couple of seconds, a good three people switched to Firefox just to mess with the extensions. xD

VideoDownloader still doesn't work.

Couldn't you use the nightly tester tools to force compatibility even on extensions that aren't compatible? Of course it's possible that might cause Firefox to crash more often...but that hasn't happened to be so far.
Anyway, I have 2.0...but I've also had all the beta releases before it, so 2.0 really doesn't feel like much of a big leap. Just that it has a nice name on it and lots of publication. :) Yay for Firefox!

fasterfox is still incompatible

Couldn't many of the elements in Fasterfox be tweaked in Firefox's about:config? If I remember correctly, you type about:config into the url bar, and then change network.http.pipelining and network.http.proxy.pipelining to true. Then change network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to 8. (More isn't better I heard, as the max number of requests Firefox will make is 8; it doesn't want to break other people just for you...) Then, right click somewhere and create a bew integer and call it nglayout.initialpaint.delay and set it to 0. That emulates Fasterfox...though Fasterfox is nicer since you don't have to do it manually.

Personally, I like Opera more than Firefox. It does not crash that often and allows me to disable images for faster browsing with a click of a button. Opera can be controlled using a microphone. It also passes the Acid2 test while Firefox 2.0 still does not pass it.

Seriously?! No one in your town uses Firefox? For me it's like one out of every two people I meet at school use Firefox.

Well that depends really upon where do you live and what kind of school/college you're attending to. In my classroom if not everyone, 95% of people use Firefox. But that's because I'm taking Engineering, and most of its students have some decent computer knowledge. Also, the University uses Firefox as the default browser since each subject may use different operational systems.But if you took my old school as a base, probably 90% of the people there used IE, and probably still use it.

That emulates Fasterfox...though Fasterfox is nicer since you don't have to do it manually.

Beware, Fasterfox is widely known to have evil big memory leaks, actually making your browser possibly even slower than normal. If this has been corrected, it must have been done only recently.
So changing these settings manually is still a better choice.