xisto Community
zhangzy

Which is better, CGI or ASP?

I'd also choose ASP since it's much easier to learn.And since most people still use Windows, it's not a big problem when ASP is limited to Windows' products... ;) But, why don't use PHP? It's becoming more popular now.

OK, I'm not going to write anything new here, that other people didn't write already. I would also choose ASP over CGI, but only due t a fact that I'm a VB programmer, so I'm familiar with language. I myself am not a MSFT fan, but hey, it just turned out that way ;)

Anyway, ASP.NET introduced some pretty neat features, and can be safely classified as a programming language, as oposed to ASP that is only scripting language.

And of course, depending on your needs, select CGI or ASP. There are hundreds of thousands of Perl scripts, or precompiled CGI applications on the web. But, as most of people, I would go for PHP, which is by far the greatest language ever ;)