xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HellFire121

Battlefield 2142 Review

I also bought Battlefield 2142 ! but I was failed to run it. letter i discovered that it was graphics card problem. My graphics card is built into the system. I heard a lot of about this game and i really miss it for not playing. ;)

I think this game is difficult to excel in. And to my dismay, I found that even after many years of BF1942, Desert Combat and BF2, I really had a lot of trouble getting that feeling with my weapons. How the bullets spread in heavy fire and the amount of damage inflicted. It seems to be unevenly balanced. Support weapons are weak and clumsy with heavy spread. Teamplay is difficult to convince anybody to indulge in. Head-over-heels lonewolfs on rampage. Nice evolution though, gamewise 2142 is a lot better. We only need to play as a team on those Free for all servers. Do I really have to join a clan for that kind of gaming? For this reason alone I would consider Enemy Territory for its organized gameplay, sort of mission to achieve goals together. If you like CS, play that and let the game be played the way it was meant to be played...

I have only played Battlefield 2 and for me the maps are too big for alot of action, and much more is involved than killing, CS:S is just 10000000% competitive, good game for fun though.--CoD:4 just is on the bar for big maps.

i never bought battlefield.. i always play in my friend's housebut between battefield 2 and battlefield 2142, i prefer 2!2142 has a lot a of bugs.. and it's more "playable".. for me! ;Di dont remember his ID.. but i'm playing always as Surfer or dks.

Contrary to most of you, I actually enjoyed playing Battlefield 2 along with the Extensions for it long before Battlefield 2142 was released. I liked the idea of a futuristic warzone environment in 2142. However, the first time I played BAttlefield 2142, the demo, it kept crashing, so I never got to fully enjoy the game for what it was. I finally bought the full version of 2142, and I no longer recieve the error. However, since I have an Xbox 360, I'm not to into computer gaming at this point because my computer can't handle the newer games (I was looking forward to playing Unreal Tournament 3, my computer is not able to play it optimally).

I bought this game the day it came out and I must say, I wasn't super impressed. I thought there would be a much better multiplayer system and it wasn't much different than the first Battlefield. However, I must say I am experiencing less lag and by reading your posts I see that they must have made some adjustments to their servers.

If i attempted to play this game on my pc, CRASH!..Sucks having a bad pc but also the game looks great. Liked the other Battlefield games. Used to play them with friends and it was great fun. @issdiscovery04 i also heard that about the commander, with the titan

Yeah. One thing I noticed about 2142 is the retardedly high system requirements in order to run the game at optimal settings, particularly in the graphical department. That is remedied, of course, by simply turning down the amount of detail in the game. But obviously, one would prefer the game when it looks awesome but without distracting effects [which I add, 2142 does quite a nice job at].Beware of the titan mode though. When two of the commanders move the titan near each other, brace yourself for large amounts of lag when nearing the titans. I was literally playing through choppy gameplay of 10fps or so.