xisto Community
terrykrazy

Adobe Photoshop CS3 comming

I used to do lots of work in photoshop back in the day, but I lost interest after I became half-decent at it. I first started on photoshop 6, and quickly updated to 7. The next version I tried was CS2. After using that and weighing the pros and cons of both, I decided 7 was the way to go. Not many more visible features, plus it runs much smoother in my opinion! I have a pretty decent system, so have photoshop 7 fully load in about 2-3 seconds is great :P

Its showing as:

I can't even run Photoshop CS2! :P

Its eating all my system memory!

If I move a single layer on a photoshop file with 300 dpi,

then I can go for a tea in the mean time!! :P Nice na! :P

So, If they are releasing CS3 and I'm going behind that,

I'll dfenitly get one Lunch break time to move a layer in those photoshop files :P

But I really like the CS2 features! But I can't use it beacuse of the lower system resources! :P

So, Still adjusting with my sweet Adobe Photoshop CS

Niran

You must be running a low P2 or even a Pentium to be having those kind of problems. If you're not going to upgrade your hardware, you should roll back to at least version 7. It might be nice if the CS3 was leaner, but going by every software upgrade today, they're just becoming more feature packed (along with optimizations, which don't mean anything if your computer already had trouble with previous versions), which equates more memory hogging, and higher-end hardware support.

You must be running a low P2 or even a Pentium to be having those kind of problems. If you're not going to upgrade your hardware, you should roll back to at least version 7. It might be nice if the CS3 was leaner, but going by every software upgrade today, they're just becoming more feature packed (along with optimizations, which don't mean anything if your computer already had trouble with previous versions), which equates more memory hogging, and higher-end hardware support.

Well.... I ain't sure which PC he is running. The system requirements say minimum of 384MB of RAM required for single instance to run. The processor requirement is Intel P3 or P4. Well, I've just got CS2. Will be installing it today. I have a PC with Athlon 3000+ 64Bit PRocessor and 512MB RAM.... It better work!

Have they already Xcome up with CS3 for release in Q2 2007??? That's too much! Anyway, waiting for some awesome features.... I really doubt if that will run on my PC without upgrades though. Thanks for the info.

MAy be wi will get trial downloads before its release?
Edited by SP Rao (see edit history)

i'm still happy with plain on CS ..1 although i have been tempted to get CS 2 .. now im wondering how long it will be until CS 4 comes out I just re-imaged my laptop at school and the new image included the whole Macromedia Suite 8... so i shall have a play around with that and see whats the difference..maybe i will teach myself how to use dreamweaver so when ive racked up enough points on here i will be able to use my dreamweaver site...haha

I did get CS2 as features such as automatic healing looked very handy, and became one of my most used options.

Now however I've slacked with Photoshop stuff and a new one definitely doesn't seem it worth for me.

Error: Page Not Found

:P

I think they'll keep the flash seperate. Photoshop still means photo after all, and will just clutter things up as majority of photoshop users won't find a use for it. It is quite a difference.

I do think they might link them better though, like the "import to ImageReady" button. Easily make graphics in photoshop and click one button to import them to the Flash library