xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Google- Changing The Search Preferences!

If you want the google site to block more sites, then you will need to go onto the google site. Then go onto preferences. There you can change alot .For example the language it should search for only, or if the result window should be seperate, or how many results should be displayed per site.This window to change preferences is very useful!Have fun!

If you want the google site to block more sites, then you will need to go onto the google site. Then go onto preferences. There you can change alot .For example the language it should search for only, or if the result window should be seperate, or how many results should be displayed per site.This window to change preferences is very useful!
Have fun!

I didn't think we needed to know this and if you want better search results you shouldn't block anything, cause non-english sites could have the thing your looking for.

default country on google searches

Google- Changing The Search Preferences!

When ever I perform a google search the results are all UK results. I live in Wheatfield, NY, USA. This is just outside of Niagara Falls, NY USA. The UK based results are not particularly useful. I've searched and searched to find a way to change the default country to no avail. I am currently running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and use Firefox 3.0. Any direction on how to remedy this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Bob Stockdale IV

-question by Bob Stockdale

What specifically are you searching for that would lead you to generate location-based results?I live in Pennsylvania, and unless I search for something and type in a specific location after it, it comes up with results from anywhere in the world. One thing I'd recommend trying is registering for a google account (if you haven't done so already). It's free, and you don't need to change your email address or anything, but I believe when you sign up it asks for your location, which is where you could imput the correct one. If you already have an account, I'd recommend first checking that you have your location set correctly, and then, if it is, sign out of your account and try searching when you're not logged in. If these ideas don't work, it might be something funny with your IP address, or a completely different issue.

How to remove personalize google search to my broswerGoogle- Changing The Search Preferences!

Everytime that I do google personalize search goes to spanish version, how do I switch to english version??I live in Canada, no spanish countryBefore everything was on english before I register to google?It is a way I can remove my registration and put me a default search as before?Frustrated userThanks

-reply by Raquel