xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ed :P

World Of Warcraft

It is definitely argueable that World of Warcraft is one of the greatest Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games to date. I would agree with leafbunk when he says it has several good aspects but has potential to be much greater. Some people will have completely different opinions, but i will just state my views of this game.The graphics, to start with, are mediocre. However, state of the art graphics they may not be, but again supporting leafbunks idea, the cartoony effect is quite satisfying, to me at least.The next thing that comes to my mind about world of warcraft are the races and classes. This is a definite strong aspect of the game as there are plently of choices which are increasing with new versions of the game. Each race is unique in a distict way, and the different classes and their styles portray how different several World of Warcraft characters can be.In addition to that, there are the professions. I believe this interlinks with the classes in some sort of way because some classes suit some professions more than others.The fighting system is also a very good aspect of the game, but i feel it has some definite room for improvement; More combinations of moves could be added for different classes, including a wider range of the moves themselves, as well as fighting tactics. Also, i believe the aspect of using items during a fight can be strongly improved. Also, there is the aspect of general gameplay. This is a strong one because there are many modes of play, such as PvP, RP, PvE etc. There is also the duelling feature, the amazing battlegrounds and arenas as well as that.Lastly, i will mention the overall result of playing this game on you. I have also discussed this on other threads. This is probably the worst part of WoW - the outcome. It is extremely addicive, and influenced bad behaviour on children. This can ruin their entire lives, and has sometimes even caused suicides. I advise any current players of this game to make sure that they have good self control, otherwise they may end up like the others.I have played this game before when i was a bit younger, had alot of characters, and was addicted. This was the reason i quit the game.Anyway i've definitely said enough on the matter, so that was my little mini-essay on my view of World of Warcraft :)

well... i personally think World Of Warcraft is a good game, but it's not that goodto have all those clients just because it is a good game. I mean, sure, the warcraft world is great, it has a well constructed story and a nice feeling added to it, the gameplay is nice since you can choose from all those races and classes, but the thing is that it has almost no competition out there.Gulid wars has a better graphics and agreat gameplay, but it does not have that many clients, not by a long shot, despite the fact that it costs less. The publicity blizzard makes cannot be matched... and that is how almost half of players end up playing World of Warcraft instead of other Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG).But i think this will change soon, because 2 major competitors are ready to take a share of the loot : Gulid Wars 2 is comming out with an even better gameplay and a demential graphics, so i guess it will be too good not to be played (you just pay an original fee, and then you can play as much as you wish, without a monthly subscription....)Also, a MMORPG based on... The Lord Of The Rings is comming out soon, and word has it that is will be a killer, not because of the graphics, but because of the gameplay... i have talked with people that played the beta, and they saidit will be a kick-*bottom* game...so i guess that's why blizzard rushed to come out with the burning crusade (and they did rush... not all instances are even ready... and the game is not 100% finished and optimised)... the did it jhust to get a "corporate" step ahead...

I've been playing wow since release, really is a fantastic game, even though consumable farming is a bit on the top. That's the reason i'm registring here, i'll be testing my guilds new website before putting it up on a paid host.