xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blue77

Shoping Card

Hi. I've hit a problem and wondered if anyone can help.I have a site from which I want to take customers credit card details, email me with the details of the order then store the details online until I can log in and delete them. The processing will not be done by me so I have no need for a merchant account.So far, I know I have to buy an SSL certificate.I have no idea how to make the site go from http to https.I can make a form.I know nothing about perl. I know php on the basic level.So be honest - is this something which a n00b like me is going to have much success at or am I going to have to bite the bullet and pay someone else to implement this for me?I suppose what I would like would be for someone to do this for me but also show me how to do it so that I can do it myself for the other dozen sites I have to build over the next year.Thanks in advance for any help.

Ok did you make the site yourself?
You could look for shopping cart modules these could be written in different languages from Java to Php..
Then you could just bolt on whats needed to the existing site..

Im playing with Joomla a lot at the moment which is a content management and page design tool.

Joomla

It has all manner of secure shopping cart modules free to use- I use one called

virtuemart

Its very easy to manage right out of the box..go take a look at the demos for it..
Ive got plans to use this module a lot in the next few pages I am making for clients..

Good luck with your carting :)