xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Markymark2

Gallery 2 For Joomla

HI today I have reinstalled joomla again without Fantastico and I am using a newer version of Joomla..the Ecommerce edition with virutua mart built in..I have also downloaded and uploaded Gallery2I have unpacked it on the server..stuck it in the joomla directory..I have surfed to the config page of Gallery2..Gone thro all the steps needed to get Gallery2 installed...It all worked no problems at all..I logged in as the admin and made a new gallery etc..Then i noticed that it has Local Server Upload ability so I looked into it, it asks for a path to the folder where the images are and then scans that folder and then you can attach the jpegs to your gallery..The problem I have is no matter what I set the path too...or set the permissions on that folder I get the same error.."The webserver does not have permissions to read that directory."Been driving me nuts all afternoon ;((Can anyone help this poor soul?P.S. only been messing around on joomla for a few days so im not joomla expert:)

Edited by Mark420 (see edit history)

OK after another 30 mins tinkering with it I found the solution...
I edited the config.php file and found the path it needed to set the image folder path in there..
It semed to force it to work;)
Whats odd is once it does work once..you can browse all over the site and add image folders where you want..
Very weird problem now solved :)

Take a look at my gallery of my kitten I made with it

http://www.timmyisgek.co.nr/