xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
_______jesh________

Price Tags

There is no one answer for this question. It depends on what parts you need/want and how high a model you want for them. The video card and processor will probably be the most expensive part of this if you intend to go with a more high-end system.Laptops? I don't remember seeing any companies selling barebone laptops. I too have thought about building my own customized laptop but couldn't find sources to supply the parts for it. I don't think there are any, at least that I can find.Anyone finds one, I'm interested also :)

There is no one answer for this question. It depends on what parts you need/want and how high a model you want for them. The video card and processor will probably be the most expensive part of this if you intend to go with a more high-end system.
Laptops? I don't remember seeing any companies selling barebone laptops. I too have thought about building my own customized laptop but couldn't find sources to supply the parts for it. I don't think there are any, at least that I can find.

Anyone finds one, I'm interested also :)

Very true even I was searching for configurable laptops. Actually a lot of dealers allow upgrades. Like RAM, DVD RWs, HDs etc... But these are more like accessories, the core still needs to be bought. But _______jesh________ if you could tell me the need, I might just be able to help. For which purpose you intend to use the laptop? Basically good basic laptops will come with a price tag of around INR30000. You'll be able to get a very decent latop @INR 40000-45000. If you want with dual-core processors (Unless you want to run very high end graphic programs like high end games and extreme mathermatical softwares you don't need dual core processor.) For general purpose use and occasional gaming a Intel Centrino Mobile Processor and a GForce graffix card would do. This combination with 512Mb RAM,80GB HDD, DVD RW and all the accessories you'll be able to get at around 45,000 to 50000 INR.

If you be still more specific, I might be able to guide you better.

Parts from my order are finally arriving, soon i got everything and get to work to assembly.

My main reason for assembling was that I could customize it just like I wanted it, every part, and assembly because I want to FEEL this computer. HEAR its first motherboard BEEP. CHEER when it boots for first time!

Posted Image

What you need my friend, are budget guides. You could save money by taking lowest performance that you need, best deals or by using as many scraps from your last computer for an upgrade.

I used to have a good one but I can't find the link right now unfortunately. All I know that it was on

http://www.madshrimps.be/ . Sure there are some good ones out there, for using your old ddr ram etc.

When you found a setup, ask multiple forums. Not just one board, but look for forums where they suggest other models because of some performance this or power supply you need... don't listen to boards where you just get "Yeah. Looks ok to me." or "Hmm seems expensive I think". The hardware gurus are lurking somewhere! Not sure about here, haven't checked. Posted Image

if you want a laptop, I think you're better of buying it in one piece.For CPU I do suggest to get an Intel. Their latest Core2Duo CPU's are the best and they consume litlle power. If you're looking for something more budget wise, look for a laptop with the Centrino label. Memory, 1Gb should be enough for some while.The rest depends on you, I don't know wheter you need much storage space, DVD-rw, or if you want to play lots of games ...

There is no one answer for this question. It depends on what parts you need/want and how high a model you want for them. The video card and processor will probably be the most expensive part of this if you intend to go with a more high-end system.
Laptops? I don't remember seeing any companies selling barebone laptops. I too have thought about building my own customized laptop but couldn't find sources to supply the parts for it. I don't think there are any, at least that I can find.

Anyone finds one, I'm interested also :)

http://www.redferret.net/?p=6911
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://www.nextag.com/barebones-computer-nook/compare-html
Those link to barebones laptops that you can either have them put together for you, or that you can have the pieces delivered to you if you want to do it yourself.