xisto Community
xboxrulz1405241485

Steve Irwin, 44: Famed 'croc' Hunter

That's sad. Some peole say he had it coming, but I mean I'm sure he was always prepared for the worst. This is just "freak" accident, which happens all the time. I for one will miss his crazy antics.He was quite spirited and motivated to pursue his dreams. He lived a good life. Just sucks he had to go out like that and leaving his family behind.

Yeah I agree with that also. Things like this happen unfortunately, even to the best of us.I'll admit, even though I'm Australian, his enthusiasm and accent got on my nerves considerably it never made me think any less of him.

That is a good point, without his enthusiasm to back up that full on accent he wouldn't be nearly as popular as he is/was today.I mean look at the fuss they have made over his death (and personally I think he deserves the attention).

Yeah he really is world renowned isn't he. A few years back I only knew of him as a purely annoying Australian icon lol.Then we saw him on American TV shows and doing more films and things and he was bloody everywhere.When I used to go on IRC, you'd see all these other people from other country's always going on about his accent and his energetic talk and that good old "crikey! look at the size of that croc" :).

Hehe, I remember when I was a kid I used to watch those Discovery Channel shows in the reptiles/crocodiles sessions with Steve Irwin in it. Man, you can just imagine him trying to catch all those crocodiles and other reptiles too! I think he used to mess with snakes once... Anyway, I think I stopped watching Discovery Channel as I went into highschool and bah... Steve Irwin? I was like who is that? But his name was really familiar though. It's like... I heard him from somewhere.Then "crikey" - it's really really faint in my memories but I do remember... very faintly though. Well, Steve Irwin, God called you up and there ya go :)Steve Irwin's awesome man. And he's older than I thought Hehe

ya, I think his success was mainly from doing these documentary at a different and entertaining styles instead of the boring "explaining and go to next animal" type of documentaries. Instead, he'll get close to the animal, grab it and show you about the animal with enthusiasm and with words that even kids understand!xboxrulz

Yeah.. it's a very sad thing to happen. I couldn't believe it myself when I first saw it on newspapers. But like someone had mention in this forum, when you play with fire long enough, you are bound to get burnt. But what make this incident even more sad/tragic is the news that 10 or so stingrays were found dead with their tails cut off. This, to me, is even more sad that the death of Steve Irwin. Come on, stingrays are not classified as a "tame" animal. You can't blame the animal if you encroached into their place and they strike at you for fear of their own lives. Hey.. humans are the ones with brains/mind, not animals. If you deliberately jump into a crocodile farm, don't blame the crocodile if they tear you up into pieces. Just can't understand what some people are thinking, taking vengeace on some mindless creatures....