xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Pc Dont Boot

I have a problem with a pc that dont boot it only produces a series of 3 short beeps, does anybody knows what means these beeps???? i'm sure that this sounds means something but i dont find any good advise or technical article about.

If helps, the only specs i know of this PC are:

ASRock Motherboard

AMD Processor

40GB Hard Disk

256 MB RAM DDR

Best regards,

Do you by any chance know the BIOS manufacturer name? Or maybe the exact model of your motherboard? It might help us narrow down on what BIOS manufacturer you have there.

Otherwise, take a look at http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml and see if you can figure out which one is the cause of the problem.

It seems likely to be a power supply or system board issue according to the site (look at the first table there in the site).

Do you by any chance know the BIOS manufacturer name? Or maybe the exact model of your motherboard? It might help us narrow down on what BIOS manufacturer you have there.

Otherwise, take a look at http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml and see if you can figure out which one is the cause of the problem.

It seems likely to be a power supply or system board issue according to the site (look at the first table there in the site).

Thanks for the site link very useful, now, I'm not 100% sure but i think that the bios manufacter is AMI and the exact model of the motherboard is K7S41GX. I just visit the ASRock website and found some info about this, according to this info the problem is with the Base 64K memory, tell me something this Base memory refers to the RAM memory or refers to other memory???

Best regards,

Yeah, I'm with Grafitti on this one. Does the computer power on at all though? If you hear the fan spinning at least, then there's power coming from the power supply. The motherboard might need to be replaced.Can you hear the hard drive spinning also? Open up the side case to be sure. If it is spinning, I recommend trying another video card on this computer and see if that could be the problem instead of the motherboard.

Yeah, I'm with Grafitti on this one. Does the computer power on at all though? If you hear the fan spinning at least, then there's power coming from the power supply. The motherboard might need to be replaced.
Can you hear the hard drive spinning also? Open up the side case to be sure. If it is spinning, I recommend trying another video card on this computer and see if that could be the problem instead of the motherboard.

Yes, the power is ok, and i hear the fan spinning and also the hard drive, so the last option is to verify the video card but i'm almost sure that the problem is with the motherboard as you and Grafitti says.

Thanks a lot,

Do you have a video card that you can borrow? I'm almost positive it's the motherboard also, but if the hard drive is spinning also, I'm hoping it could be a video issue instead (since that will be cheaper to replace).Otherwise, get a new motherboard - preferably an identical one to the one you have now.

WeaponX: I can't borrow a video card :) because i'm not a hardware techy and also this pc isn't mine too, it is of a friend, but thanks for your suggestions.

Xisle: While a pc turns on 1 beep means that everything is correct and pass all of the POST's tests.

Best regards, and again thanks to every body.

hold f8 or f12 and see if you can get a bios menu and make sure your boot devices are set properly. if you can do that it should fix itself. same thing happened to me all i had to do was change boot device #1 into c:/