xisto Community
dhanesh1405241511

Bought New Compaq Presario V5233ea

u say shrink .. u mean you split rite

No, when I say shrink, I mean "use Partition Magic in order to reduce the partition size".When i install the system from the recovery CD's, the partition C: is 80 giga wide.
I use Partiton Magic, I choose "change size" and instead of 80 I put 20.
Then, I have a Windows c: partition which is 20 giga wide, and my disk has 60 giga free.
Then, I use the Windows disk manager in order to create my new partitions, which are 20 and 20 and something.
So, once Windows has booted, Windows has no problem creating new partitions and reboot after that. If I wand to work with Linux, I leave the last 20 gigs of my disk unpartitionned, the Linux installer will create the Linux partitions and manage the multiboot.

Hi Dhanesh! I am very much interested in this laptop you bought. My brother is in Dubai and will be probably buying this for me. I checked out the specs you displayed and everything he mentioned is the same...even the price, except for one thing.....he said that it included a 256 MB dedicated videocard. How true is this?