xisto Community
KDEWolf

Old Mayan Warrior Traditional Drawing using 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil

Posted Image
(Link to DeviantArt)

An old warrior. Something I came up with during a Calculus for Engineering class, in a piece of recycled paper (which I found kind of nice to work with, mainly in this specific drawing). Basically, the name has no scientific or historical reason, it was chosen at the time the drawing was created, because my first purpose was doing something like this, but my creativity didn't allow me to do so. So please don't come saying that eagles aren't Mayan, etc. etc... I know all that.

Criticism is very encouraged (either on DA or here).

Oh man! That is real good. Initially I thought you had picked up the picture from somewhere and used it to create the signature/banner. That too is good, but I visited the Deviant Art page and I was taken aback. That is a real nice piece of work you have got there.On a side note, I have been building a realm, where I do some illustrations for it. Works like these would nicely fit in there. But sadly, I am not as good as you. :D

Very nice Mr Wolf...Im jealous !!I suck so badly at anything art related ;( You seem to have a good talent there..I liked the other stuff on the devient art site too.Keep it up and remeber you have this telent for a reason..use it :D

Wow! That is absolutely amazing! I'm not that much of an artist (in terms of drawing, because I am a musician) so I can't really criticize that efficiently, and I really don't have a lot to say. Just... keep up the good work!

@Vyoma:

Thanks for the compliments, man. What kind of realm would it be? Do you mind posting a link to it?

@Mark420:

Yes, I've been told to do so for quite a long time. Because of this, I'm not 100% sure of my current career, engineering. I'm inclined to choose Civil Engineering, but Architecture is something I think of lot. I'm not very fond of Calculus, but I love geometry, so it's possible that (someday?) I leave it and go after something art-related.

@Jeigh:

I'll start buying some recycled paper for new drawings. I really did like the texture of it and how it behaves with the graphite. If you did like the digital version of this one, you'd be amazed with the paper version.

@Pharoah:

Hahahha more or less out of the blue.

I was thinking about an eagle-like helmet, somehow like Egyptian gods' ones, but I couldn't leave horns out hehehe... I like putting then into helmets. It's possibly my half-viking blood, who knows hehe. My creative process is completely based on randomness and this reflects directly into my work and it's mix of ideas and styles.

@seec77:

What kind of music do you play? Mind in giving a link or something?

@Vyoma:

Thanks for the compliments, man. What kind of realm would it be? Do you mind posting a link to it?

I am sending it to you as a PM because I do not want to make it public yet, until I have a sizeable amount of work into it.

An old warrior. Something I came up with during a Calculus for Engineering class, in a piece of recycled paper (which I found kind of nice to work with, mainly in this specific drawing). Basically, the name has no scientific or historical reason, it was chosen at the time the drawing was created, because my first purpose was doing something like this, but my creativity didn't allow me to do so. So please don't come saying that eagles aren't Mayan, etc. etc... I know all that.
Criticism is very encouraged (either on DA or here).

May be my reply is a bit late. I'm new around here. Just came into this thread coz of my friend Vyoma. Ok. Enough of intro.

The art in that Mayan Warrior is just awesome man... Exquisite. Checked your DeviantArt too. Just too cool a gallary. Well, I'm never quite an artist, but I really love art though. (I can never be a critic though :) )

Anyway keep up the good work. Use your talents and give us more!

[by the way, was kinda curious on some of your arts. Like how did you create that banner of yours? Painted or animated?]