xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snutz411

Review Of Lg Chocolate Phone New Cell Phone Offered by Verizon

The end of my contract with Verizon Wireless was approaching and I decided to grab me a new phone and keep my contract going. After seeing those commericals with the phone coming out of the chocolate bar wrapping, I couldn't help but wonder more about it. Then when I got into the Verizon Wireless Retail Store, I finally saw what all the fuss was about. The LG Chocolate phone is a hybride between a sleek looking cell phone and an IPOD. It literally looks just like an IPOD, but when you slide the bottom, you are fully aware that it is a cell phone.Overrall, I give this phone a 9/10. It only looses 1 point because the controls are a little quirky. The only buttons are on the side and number pad. The dials that look like an IPOD are not buttons, but a touchpad. You may not feel like you are pushing anything, but you are. Again this is the only reason it lost a point because not everyone would be use to this.Look - 10/10: It is very sexy and sleek looking. It is jet black and compact. When the number pad is pushed in, it looks just like an IPOD. The dial pad lights up red when it is active and there is no antena to make it look bad. This phone is by far the most decent looking phone. LG won't let you down when it comes to looks.Phone use - 9/10: Probably as good as a regular cell phone can get. It has advanced voice activation to use the phone while it is still compact (i.e. while the number pad is not pulled out). It looses a point because it does not have speakerphone capabilities. However the volume is loud enough to not really need a speakerphone.MP3 use - 10/10: This main reason I bought this phone and it definitiely did not let me down. I have a Palm TX and the MP3 player is not that great however on this phone it works great! You can download songs off VCAST or transfer your songs via microSD card.Camera - 10/10: Great camera, higher resolution and a lot clearer than my old camera phone. It can take good quality pictures and short video clips. Of course it won't compare to a 8.0 Mega Pixel camera, but it does the job pretty well.Bluetooth - 10/10: This phone comes with Bluetooth and is meant to use Bluetooth. The Bluetooth accessories that can be used with this phone would make any Tech Junkie foam at the mouth. It can use Bluetooth Stereo Headset, Bluetooth Boombox, and of course a regular Bluetooth Headset. I really want to buy the stereo headset because the regular wired 2.5mm headset makes the phone look not so sexy. There is headset adapter that fits into the power port where you plug in the headset. It just throws off the whole look of the phone.Expansion - 10/10: This phone takes advantage of microSD technology. It has a microSD/Transflash port on the side which can fit any card from 256mb to 2gig. This is perfect for storing your favorite songs. You can set the options on the phone to save pictures and video to the expansion card.I highly recommend that if you are at the time period where you can get a discount on your next phone, then get this one. You will not regret it. I certainly do not. It retails for $349.99, but I got it CHEAP because I renewed my plan.

When I saw that same phone in the commercial I thought some new company of chocolate was coming out. Until I saw the phone rise up from that deliciously looking chocolate liquor. Hmmm how it looked so good. I give props to who made this clip but enough of that one. My only question to you is how much space can it hold? What's its maximum capacity because many mp3 players combined with handsets can only hold so much The razor can play mp3s but can only hold 20mbs. So I was wondering how much mb or even better GB of files can this phone/mp3 player hold?

When I saw that same phone in the commercial I thought some new company of chocolate was coming out. Until I saw the phone rise up from that deliciously looking chocolate liquor. Hmmm how it looked so good. I give props to who made this clip but enough of that one. My only question to you is how much space can it hold? What's its maximum capacity because many mp3 players combined with handsets can only hold so much The razor can play mp3s but can only hold 20mbs.
So I was wondering how much mb or even better GB of files can this phone/mp3 player hold?

The memory on the phone is limited to about 128mb I think. However don't forget about the microSD expansion slot. That can take 256mb to 2gigs. You have to purchase these cards separately, but keep in mind the cards can be used in other devices. The 256mb card is about $20 and the 2gig card is $99.99.

So the real limitations of the phone depends on how big the memory card you get for it is. I recommend the 2gig card because that is plenty of space for your favorite MP3s.

I saw one the other day in a shop and I wanst too impressed with it..

My Girl Friend is nearing the end of her contract so I was out looking for a good phone for her- she currently has the Sony W800i mp3 phone.

Theres somethign about it which says to me that the LG is cheaply made for reason..it feels like a toy in the hand..

One thing that screams to me NO! is the camera..who puts in a 1.3 megapixel camera these days? hmm its behind the times..

I can only imagine the state of that nice shiney black case in a few months time when its been in your pocket with loose change or car keys ;((

Also I noticed that operating the keys on the front took a lot of effort to work and grease from my clean fingers was visable all over the phone after 20 secs of use..so you clean it ..and maybe scratch it at the same time?

My Girl likes it and wants it..but I will find a similair model from Nokia-I find thier phones to be better quality than the rest in terms of featues and build quality.

But what phone does Mark420 use??

Heheheh the BIG DADDY of ALL phones....The Qtek 9090

The only weak point on this phone is the 1.3 megapixel camera..everything else is of the highest spec..I think they actually ran out of room fitting a good camera in it!

Its got bluetooth ofc and Wifi-I actually have Skype on it and a wifi radar program..it tells me when an open Wep node is available...so guess what cheaper phone bills each month cos I use Skype a lot on someone elses Wifi ;))I have certain spots around town that I goto if I need to make a call when im out and about.

Posted Image

Mine is heavly customised and has 4 gig of storage inside it..perfect for taking home torrents downloaded at work for instance :D or watching full length films in divx on the train :o being able to keep loads of Mp3s without having to change the bit rate down to fit them in the phone.

SO dont go with LG!!! go with a Qtek :o))