xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NazGul

Hosting hosting a freesitedesigner site

Hello i made a site on a free site-maker siteThey do NOT host their sites so i need a free sitehosting.I found out that this host is one of the best.Now is my question is it possible to host a site here wich is made made on such a free site-maker site?I'm a real noob in these things...i just started to make my own sites...so i;m new to the gamePlz repleyTnxI edited this post because i found out that posting a url can be seen as promoting a other site...I removed the url of the site where people can make for free their website.

Edited by NazGul (see edit history)

I am not quite sure who does Free Site Designer work, but I think I can answer your question. If they don't offer hosting, they must supply you with a package that can be used at another host. Xisto supports all the features that a professional site needs, and therefore I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run the site you mentioned.

Well, once you design your site, then save ALL of the files to your computer.

Once you get hosting here, then upload those files to your account here.

When you are ready to do these tasks, let us know and we can show you how.

There is one thing to consider though.
If you are not very technically minded, then you may have trouble keeping up with your posting requirements here. If you can't meet the psoting requirements here then you either won't get hosting or if you do may lose your account if you credits fall too low.

However, if you are really looking to learn the fine art of being a web designer then you may be able to get enough credits in by posting any questions that you may have regarding web designing.

Just remember, when you ask a question, be sure to be thorough in explaining what you are looking for. The larger your posts, the more credits you get for them. Just be sure that you have something to say.

By the way, while posting a link can be considered site promotion in some situations, in this case it may be helpful to know what we are dealing with. When you get your hosting account, then feel free to request detailed instructions on the process needed to host you newly designed website here.

In the mean time, here are a few links that may be helpful to you:
- File Upload Instructions For New Users.
- Get The Most From Your Post.

Hope This Helps. :D

vujsa

Tnx for this reply.
I did understand about getting enough credits in by posting.
If i understand correctly i need to post at least one post a day after i collected 15 credits correct?

Vujsa said the following:
By the way, while posting a link can be considered site promotion in some situations, in this case it may be helpful to know what we are dealing with.

So...the following url is NOT to be seen as promotion of that site!!!...but must been seen to help to understaznd what we dealing with
Ok..this is the site i made my Web-site.
It is not the url of my site but of the site where i made it.
FreeSiteDesigner

Ps...sorry for my bad nglish writing.... but i'm trying!

If i understand correctly i need to post at least one post a day after i collected 15 credits correct?

Well, not actually.

You need either 10 credits for the starter hosting package or 30 credits for the standard package. If you get the starter package for 10 credits and want to upgrade later, it will cost you another 30 credits so it is best to wait until you have 30 credits to begin with and request the standard package and bypass the upgrade process altogether. :D

Once you activate your hosting account, you will then be reset to 3 credits. This doesn't change if you have more credits than you need. Hosting requires a MINIMUM of either 10 or 30. If you have 45 credits and apply, when you activate your hosting account you will only have 3 credits left.

Those 3 credits are equal to 3 days of hosting. You DO NOT need to post every day! As long as you can keep your credit count above 0 you have hosting. You can get multiple credit for a single post if it is large enough or only a partial credit if the post is small. If you post several large post in one day, you may not HAVE to post for several days. I currently have 158 credits so if I don't post again for 157 days, I'll still have hosting.

We do not use the number of post you make as the number of credits you have. The size of the post is the only consideration for the accumulation of credits. Poorly written posts are subject to deletion which will deduct credits. We would rather have you write one very good post once a week instead of having you write one very bad post everyday.

Yes, that link is acceptable since it point us in the direction to information that will let the rest of us try to help you better.

vujsa