xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vujsa

File Upload Instructions For New Users New User Startup Guide

Welcome to Xisto Free Web Hosting

You will notice that the term "Free Web Hosting" is used on the site frequently but you will hardly ever see the term "free web space" on this site. This is because there is a difference between the two.

Free Web Hosting at Xisto is the same kind of web hosting that is usually paid for. This means that you will have a complete and fully featured hosting account that will allow the use of any scripts you wish which means you'll have your own CGI-BIN, database creation and usage, multiple email accounts, multiple FTP accounts, multiple sub-domains, domain hosting, an IP address, and you will be the webmaster of your website. There will not be any advertising banners on your website unless you put them there.

Free web space on the otherhand is were someone else is using their website to provide their users with a place to store and display web pages and images. Sometimes these accounts come with an email address. Generally speaking, all file uploades are done via a web based file manager and your web pages are altered to display advertising banners and whatnot. Rarely will you ever be able to host any server side scripts such as php or perl on one of the websites.

If you are looking for the link to upload you files, then you have misunderstood how Xisto works.
Here is the system at Xisto:

• Read the Terms Of Service, Acceptable Use Policy, Forum Introduction, and Forum Rules.
  • Post quality posts in the Xisto forums in whatever subject best suits you.
  • Earn hosting credits for posting quality topics where larger posts earn more credits than smaller posts.
  • Once you have enough hosting credits for the hosting package you desire, request Free Web Hosting.
  • Once your posts have been reviewed and your application approved, you will receive a full featured Internet Hosting Account for use as you see fit.
  • Build your website for commerce, hobby, or knowledge, it's your website, not ours, so have fun with it.

Continue to post in the forums to keep your hosting credits above 0.

It might be easier to think of Xisto a a regular full featured Web Host where instead of your credit card being charged each month, you simply have to remain active in the forums. This is commercial quality web hosting free of charge, not a web space.

If you don't feel comfortable with the technical nature of the categories in the Xisto forums, I would suggest using our sister site at Xisto instead. Xisto is less technically oriented and may be easier for you to post in. The hosting features are the same there.

I hope that this clears up some of the confussion about what service is actually being offer here.

Happy Webmastering, :D

vujsa

What Xisto Is Not!

Music Sharing Service.

File Sharing Service.

Music Storage Service.*

File Storage Service.*

This is a Posting for Hosting system only. All other uses are prohibited.

If you feel that this system may not allow for your needs, it probably won't. We are looking for quality forum members that provide quality posts and we reward them with free web hosting.

If you have further questions about the system, please see the FAQ.

Thank you for your interest. :D

vujsa

* Music and data files may be stored on your hosting account when used for the purpose of website creation.

Yeah i just got this account today so im really excited about the free web hosting, but I'm not sure how to use it all so if any one could help then that would be great. Otherwise this is a great forums anyway so its cool all the way around.

Please read what vujsa posted in the first post. It's right there in step #4. You can request for hosting here

To check the number of credits you have, just login and scroll down a little. You should see the number of Hosting Credits there (it's in days). That number is not 100% accurate from what I gather. When you request for the hosting, an admin or mod will look over your posts and adjust the credits accordingly. As long as you make legitimate (useful) posts, you should be ok around 30 credits (or 10 credits if you want the lower end package).

I am a bit confused. So we don't get space to store our .html and .php or whatever they are? What DO we exactly get? Could someone clear this up for me because I did not understand very well. Thank you.

I am a bit confused. So we don't get space to store our .html and .php or whatever they are? What DO we exactly get? Could someone clear this up for me because I did not understand very well. Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where does it say that? vujsa only said you can't upload any of those files since they will consume lots of bandwidth and some users are uploading illegal content - which is prohibited here.

You may upload any other website files you want like your .php, .html, .css, etc....

Yea im new too so this is suppose to be some place where theres free web hosting put we have to support the forum to use their service, well sounds like a fair deal hehe they are paying the bills hehe.