xisto Community
pyost

Your Opinion On An Edited Joomla! Template

Glad you liked it. The simplicity was that main idea :DNow I've messed with the colours a bit more, and I need your opinion once again. As you might remember (those of you who have visited before these changes), I have used a green colour for all the links - #8bcc29, to be more specific. However, I didn't like the colour, so decided to switch to a lighter shade of blue. Personally, I think it's better, but what do you say?There is also one more thing I changed, and again want to know what's your opinion. Before the CSS editing, I used to have a #454545 border around all the images - that's the colour all borders are. But only for images, I changed the border colour to the same shade of blue I used for the links. So, should I switch it back to the overall border colour, or leave it like this?~edit~I would also like to add that I've added another tweak to the site. Since the menus were too simple before, I just had to introduce something besides pure text. That's why I've insert a small gray vertical line left of the menu links. It's the thing that turns white when hovered over. What do you think about this?Also I'm thinking of adding a background image to the center column, only it would be located at the bottom in the center. I don't want it to harden the reading and want it to be simple (something like a tribal tattoo). Any ideas what would be good, yet a bit harder to spot?

Hi,I'm sure I'm on a well worn path here. I've looked through the forum for answers but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.I'm a newbie, I'm mid 40's, hacked of with bosses, given up 9 to 5, taught myself how to design sites using MS Visual Web Developer (html, asp.net, vb etc) - but I AM VERY MUCH A NEWBIE, and I've started my own freelance company. I've only built one site so far (even my own site is one of those free site builder things you get with your domain name). I'm going to get myself going by building cheapo semi-static stuff for local small businesses, then I'll get into the sql stuff, then make my millions by building my own stuff.Anyway, my problem is, given that all my initial clients are going to be utterly web illiterate, how can I avoid being tethered to their sites forever in order to perform the info updates they're bound to want? What I would like to be able to offer clients is a hidden page wherein they can login and access an integral CMS and perform content changes without me having to get involved. I'm looking for something that is preferably free, or cheap, but primarily reliable. Is there such a gizmo? and where do I find it?By the way - hi everybody!Michael