xisto Community
mpinsky

Should We Sue? Should MacDonalds be sued for their high-fattening foods?

No - It comes down to the matter of choice and free will. It is your choice to eat at McDonalds or any other fast food place. There are healthier options and most people have knowledge that the food is not healthy for them. And if they don't it's nothing more than a less intense version of somebody wanting to sue a paint company after trying to drink paint.The same goes for cigarette companies, tanning beds, etc...When people start blaming and shoving responsibility off on others for their actions is the point at which people should not be given free reign over their own life and choices. And I don't think that's a fair trade-off.

As many others say, you are the one responsible for eating too much high-fat food, not McDonalds. They merely make it availible for you, they don't force you to eat their food. It's all down to the greed of many people, as in this world, it seems many americans, and increasingly people of other countries, are suing for the purpose of getting money, not real compensation.

Should we sue?Should We Sue?

This question always confuses me, most people say that we shouldn't sue because although it is making a large population of the world obese it is also our fault that we decide to eat it rather than healthy food.On the other hand others say that we should sue because it is ruining our way of life.My take on this is that although it is our choice to eat this food, it doesn't mean that McDonald's or other fast food companies/restaurants can't lower the amount of fat and unhealthy things that are inside the things we eat, many places such as McDonald's have tried to release things likr salad although when a cheeseburger is on the menu who is going to choose the salad over the burger.This is why I think that the way of life of some people (I.E mostly Americans as most people say) but instead we should reduce the calories in things such as burgers & chips and replace the high fat burgers with something equally as tasty but less fattening.___________________________________________________________________________I'm a bit on the fence about this question.-reply by Luke