xisto Community
msabas

HP 160GB Personal Media Drive

Well i just finished ordering this HP 160GB Personal Media Drive, It belive its built to fit the new model HP desktops, it is an external drive. From what I plan on using this is to transfer everything from my current 80GB hard drive, that would be moving all my pictures, movies, and pretty much any files that i have saved to my pc. In hopes to free up space, in my 80GB. The rice for it is only 150.00 US Dollars, plus tax. So its not too bad,. Also its a plus since i can take it any where, and there are no cables to plug it into, But it only fits on select model HP and Compaq desktops, so that is the only disadvantage to it.

But it only fits on select model HP and Compaq

How is it connected to your PC ? Most of the disk devices, like US devices or firewire devices, can be connected to any PC. Maybe easier on HP and Compaq, but it could probably work on other systems.

I think it's a waste. especially when for that price i can get a 300GB external firewire/USB. Maybe if you're an HP fan, or it's really necessary for you, but otherwise there's much better deals. Currently i'm looking into getting a dual external case with two 300GB SATA disks inside. that's going to end up costing me a little over $250.