xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
souradipm

Www.com wacky search for a search engine

I wonder if these are all Google copycats? I mean, I've seen a lot search engines similar to this. They all have Google-like designs--a simple logo and then a search box with a search button. In fact, taking into account com search results, even those are similar to Google's--they have the "Sponsered Links" on top and to the side, and then they have the search results under and to the right of that. I guess people either don't get that there won't be another Google unless they can come up with a major improvement on their algorithm or all just want to catch on the new hype of search engines.

And copying Google's design isn't really going to get them anywhere. Though Google's design played at least some role in its success, its search algorithms played a more important role. Although, I suppose its also possible these people just programmed a robot for fun and unleashed it to the web. Who knows? :unsure:

That's really interesting. It is more like altavista.com than google but it is similarily formatted to the google search format. The thing it really lacks are the different search options such as images, groups, maps, etc. etc. However it does have another option called domain names and quick links. This isn't as useful though and I greatly prefer google. But it is fun to find different search engines. Cool thing.

Yeah strange name.. i wouldn't use it anyway because google has my needs covered, infact when i want to search something i only need to type a tiny prefix in the address bar and the search query (heh one of those cool features in opera :unsure:)basically i'm too attatched to google to move away-HellFire