xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jeigh1405241495

Compact Camera Quandary

I'm currently in the market for a new digital camera. My current one is... less then desireable to say the least. It's a 2.1mp Fuji finepix A205. While it was fine in its day, that day has long since passed and now its bulky, slow, low res, and low iomage quality. It's time for an upgrade.Unfortunately I'm broke. I'm hoping to spend about $200-$250 CDN on the camera (plus buying an extra memory card), sticking closer to the 200 end of things. Now this isn't such a big request except that I want it more for point and click then for a planned photography outing and therefor want something really small, preferably small enough to fit into a shirt or pants pocket without it being too cumbersome.I am basically wondering if anyone knows of the closest camera to a sweet spot for price, small size, and image quality. As long as its 4MP or higher thats probably enough for me. I've been looking at a couple, the Fuji A400 and the Sony WC30. The WC30 makes me very happy but its 300 or more plus the memory card would bring it up to a bit more then I hope to spend. The A400 I can get for 150ish which is a killer good price but it lacks sound in video mode and a few other nice to have features.Basically I'm wondering if any of you have reaonably compact cameras that aren't overly expensive but still get the job done. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I just keep going in circles about which to buy heh.